Ask a gran

clothes for grandchild

(13 Posts)
ellienate Tue 09-Mar-21 21:05:56

thanks everyone smile

Grannyben Tue 09-Mar-21 20:47:45

Matalan have some absolutely beautiful baby clothes. Have a look online

Missfoodlove Tue 09-Mar-21 20:40:03

If you don’t want to spend a fortune then Matalan, Tesco or Asda.

Ellianne Tue 09-Mar-21 20:37:03

A particular favourite of mine is petit bateau, especially for its organic cotton. There's lots of white clothes if you don't know if the baby is a boy or girl.

Callistemon Tue 09-Mar-21 20:23:13

You need to leave it nearer the time, really.
My DGS was a whopper and never wore 1st or 2nd size clothes.

Jaxjacky Tue 09-Mar-21 20:17:37

Baby, who will grow out of these quickly and quite rightly, you don’t want to spend loads. I’d go to George at Asda, they have a lovely selection, reasonable prices and a Mother & Baby award.

Callistemon Tue 09-Mar-21 20:11:37

Ps Debenhams are having a sale

Callistemon Tue 09-Mar-21 20:10:41

Yes, M&S do good baby clothes even if they have lost their way in other areas.
Jo Jo Maman Bebé, Next

I'm just a bit concerned about ordering anything from Debenhams at the moment although their range of Jasper Conran baby clothes were very good and a bit different.

Sara1954 Tue 09-Mar-21 19:51:03

Love frugi and Boden.
Always worth looking out for their voucher codes.

Aldom Tue 09-Mar-21 19:49:49

All the above and Jo Jo Mammon and Baby. Often good discounts on lovely baby clothes. Easy to order online.

Grannynannywanny Tue 09-Mar-21 19:44:31

Another John Lewis fan. I also find M&S nice quality and selection for baby wear. Next also good for vests, sleep suits etc. Debenhams might be worth a look. Asda do a sweet range of Disney branded vests and sleep suits with motifs of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit etc

All these shops do online ordering and home delivery.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 09-Mar-21 19:34:05

I like John Lewis for my grandchild’s clothes - although I usually buy in store the website is very good. The only experience I have really.

ellienate Tue 09-Mar-21 19:29:55

I am looking to get a weeks worth of comfortable and practical clothes for my grandchild that is due in early winter but don't want to spend a fortune. Can anyone recommend a UK site that I can order from.

I know it's a bit early but not having everything ready is giving my daughter anxiety sad

They aren't being gifted anything so I thought I would. I believe it would help them smile