Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What have you improved at during lockdown?

(15 Posts)
honeyrose Tue 23-Mar-21 19:52:41

I think that I have got better at entertaining myself at home and feeling more content there than I thought I could. I have been retired for almost 3 years, by the way. Having said that, I’m looking forward to meeting up with friends when we can safely do so - outside of course. The thing I feel I have improved at is online scrabble. Maybe not much of an accolade, but this is something that, through practice, I have got better at and now regularly beat the partner who nearly always used to beat me. Or is my opponent losing her edge? What do you think you have got better at in the last year of lockdowns, be it hobbies or otherwise?

Calendargirl Tue 23-Mar-21 19:57:54

Procrastination!

‘Tomorrow is another day’.

sodapop Tue 23-Mar-21 20:23:37

Sitting on the sofa
Reading
Eating biscuits
All improved during lockdown, I would like to claim I have been exercising, learning new skills etc but in all honesty - nothing.

BigBertha1 Tue 23-Mar-21 21:54:56

Plastering a smile on my face.

Susiewong65 Tue 23-Mar-21 22:23:29

Being optimistic!

Callistemon Tue 23-Mar-21 22:56:18

Cleaning
Ironing
Clearing out
Gardening
Decorating
Exercising
Generally getting on with things
Telling whoppers

Kate1949 Tue 23-Mar-21 22:57:48

Online shopping
Saving money
Walking
Gaining weight despite the walking

maddyone Tue 23-Mar-21 23:03:05

What I have improved at during lockdown;

Sitting down
Eating biscuits
Wasting time on the iPad
Online shopping (not sure if I’ve improved really, I’ve just done a lot more of it)

maddyone Tue 23-Mar-21 23:04:00

I’m impressed by all the things you’ve done Callistemon.

Callistemon Tue 23-Mar-21 23:11:38

? thanks maddyone

I have thought about doing all that which is a start, isn't it?

Callistemon Tue 23-Mar-21 23:12:03

I did make biscuits!

JennyNotFromTheBlock Wed 24-Mar-21 04:57:03

I've tried lots of new recipes, worked on building our family tree and even tried to add color to old photos I have in Photoglory. Can't say I love them better in color, but the whole process was interesting. My DGC wanted me to subscribe to their Tiktok accounts (which I did), but I've never really enjoyed this social network

maddyone Wed 24-Mar-21 09:59:19

Callistemon
Yes, I’ve done quite a lot of baking through the year too, but I always baked so I can’t claim to have improved.

Alishka Sat 27-Mar-21 10:00:28

Well, sometimes I sit and think.
Other times I just sit...

FarNorth Sat 27-Mar-21 10:12:12

The one thing I'm quite pleased with is my modest progress learning Scots gaelic on duolingo.
Other than that, I'm in the aimless crew doing very little that's purposeful.