Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Changing electricity supplier

(9 Posts)
phoenix Tue 15-Jun-21 16:42:19

Hello all,

I need to change my electricity supplier, and my current one has had another increase in cost and it's getting silly!

Have been looking on Money Saving Expert, and one of the cheaper ones is Symbio Energy.

I've not heard of them before, so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone is with them, and what they are like with regard to customer service.

Thanks in advance (I hope!)

tanith Tue 15-Jun-21 17:23:14

I’ve never heard of that one, I changed 6 mths ago to Octopus and my monthly payment reduced and so far I’m really happy with them.

cornishpatsy Tue 15-Jun-21 17:31:38

I am with them, they were cheaper than my previous supplier. They take the amount owed each month rather than a set amount throughout the year, which I am fine about.

I change supplier every year to the cheapest on the comparison site.

timetogo2016 Tue 15-Jun-21 17:36:20

We are with Octopus,and we are very happy with them.
Unlike when we were with Scottish Power OMG they were a nightmare and thats being VERY polite.

Kate1949 Tue 15-Jun-21 18:12:33

We've justed changed to Octopus ? My husband switches suppliers of everything constantly.

Katie59 Tue 15-Jun-21 21:30:52

Electricity prices are much higher this year I had quotes from 17 to 25p a KWH, existing suppliers always increase price sharply, it does not pay to be loyal

Shandy57 Tue 15-Jun-21 21:33:12

Another vote for Octopus, I really like their customer service and the monthly billing. They also allow you to take overpayment from your account and pay you back very quickly.

phoenix Tue 15-Jun-21 21:53:49

Thank you all, your replies are appreciated!.

I have looked at Octopus on the comparison site I used, but have to say they weren't especially cheap! confused

Grannybags Tue 15-Jun-21 21:57:20

We have just changed back from Octopus to EDF and they (EDF) gave us a discount to go back to them