Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Willow weave type garden structure....

(14 Posts)
Kateykrunch Sun 22-Aug-21 17:49:29

I have decided against the Willow house as the blurb says it should really be dismantled during the Winter or stormy weather!

Fishpieplease Sat 14-Aug-21 20:38:58

I have a willow “ man” made with a mixture of planted living willow with some cut willow to help make the original shape. It’s been going strong for at least 10 years. In my experience cut willow gets brittle and disintegrates quickly. It was made with willow bought online from Somerset and waited till the best time of the year (not that I can remember when that was!) All I’ve ever done is given it a few haircuts during the growing season.

bikergran Sat 14-Aug-21 19:49:47

Lovely...get it ordered lol.

Jane43 Sat 14-Aug-21 19:12:44

The one Minimoon posted is really lovely and would enhance any garden.

bikergran Sat 14-Aug-21 18:59:04

What a lovely idea and a treat for when you get your first pension,I too am thinking of something nice to do /buy when I get my first pension later this year smile

Hope you manage the Willow structure, it does grow fast so I am sure you will reap the benefits next summer smile

Kateykrunch Fri 13-Aug-21 23:05:17

Thanks all, MiniMoon thank you, that is the exact one I was trying to find!

NotSpaghetti Fri 13-Aug-21 19:46:13

I don't know why they aren't more expensive. Are they imported?

muse Fri 13-Aug-21 19:13:17

We plant one in the play area of our local park but it was a living structure. No windows though.

I've found this on Pinterest. It might give you a link to a supplier or what they are called.
www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/295830269279171362/

They are lovely. I've tried weaving small sculptures. Not easy.

Juicywords Fri 13-Aug-21 18:11:22

MiniMoon

This One is a gazebo, it looks really lovely. I will look for some others.

I agree, it looks fab. However, I wonder if it’s stable in windy weather?

JaneJudge Fri 13-Aug-21 18:07:01

they do look nice minimoon, I thought they'd be so much more expensive

MiniMoon Fri 13-Aug-21 18:03:41

This One is a gazebo, it looks really lovely. I will look for some others.

JaneJudge Fri 13-Aug-21 17:35:27

these look an interesting company if you want living willow

JaneJudge Fri 13-Aug-21 17:31:49

like this?

Kateykrunch Fri 13-Aug-21 17:26:14

I saw a garden room made of willow or rattan or basket weave, it was around £400, just a small round structure, with open squares for a window each side and an open doorway. I have a brain fog and have tried to search good old google, but cant think of the the correct words to use to find what I have described! Does anyone know how I might such a structure? Its my get my state pension birthday this month and I am thinking of treating myself, thanks in anticipation.