Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Wind

(18 Posts)
Baggytrazzas Sun 24-Jul-22 15:36:11

sarachall, I too apologise none of my comments is helping you with what must be an awful problem.

Baggytrazzas Sun 24-Jul-22 15:35:19

if

Baggytrazzas Sun 24-Jul-22 15:35:07

wonder of he also bought a pare of sandals from the market and is a case of mistaken identity?

Kate1949 Sun 24-Jul-22 12:58:14

There is a chap suing a stallholder at the Birmingham Christmas Market for £200,000. He says a ham sandwich they sold him in 2017 made him ill and he hasn't stopped passing wind since grin

downtoearth Sun 24-Jul-22 12:55:05

sarahchall I must apologìse for hijacking ýour thrèad with my performing sandals.
I did find peppermint cordial in warm water relieved my stomach problem after C sections and hysterectomy.
I havent yet found aa cure for my vocal sandals.

PollyDolly Sun 24-Jul-22 12:51:28

Don't apologise....we all do it.....even the Queen parps you know?

If you are already on medication this could account for the wind, so speak to either your GP or perhaps the Pharmacist. But most importantly, don't be embarrassed.

downtoearth Sun 24-Jul-22 12:46:35

But my ochre sandal are from a reputable company that deal with comfort and style,they are more mustard than c**p coloured,the red pair I also have are very well behaved,and I could take them anywhere in polite company without so much as a squeakgrin

Baggytrazzas Sun 24-Jul-22 12:19:15

Mine are metallic rose gold so I expected more elegant behaviour from them tbh. Ochre.....well, expectation might not have been so high. Lol

Esmay Sun 24-Jul-22 12:10:00

Hi downtowntoearth ,
Ochre - how appropriate !
Those green sandals were my favourite colour , but unwearable without making everyone look at me and laugh !
I felt such a numpty !

downtoearth Sun 24-Jul-22 11:41:32

Esmay I wonder if it's the colour,vibrant in colour,vibrant in sound,mine are a lovely shade called ochre,I have a black pair exactly the same,no sound accessories at allgrin

Esmay Sun 24-Jul-22 10:49:00

I had a beautiful pair of green sandals - everytime I wore them it was so embarrassing .
I threw them out !
There's lots of anti flatulence remedies that can be bought over the counter,but if you are on BAM it's best to consult your GP first IF you can actually get an appointment .

Ask the pharmacist to help you !

CassieJ Sun 24-Jul-22 10:30:32

EX Dance, I also have BAM, so know what you mean. I hadn't heard of taking the gripe water to help with this --- so off to buy some later smile

Baggytrazzas Sun 24-Jul-22 01:09:05

I too have beautiful new sandals that make the very best farty noises every single step I take. Would be proud if I could do that every step. If I see anyone coming near I stop walking until they are away. I sometimes laugh out loud to myself honestly they are something else.

I'd suggest anyone with a real wind problem buys a pair of farty sandals and you can then blame the sandals.

downtoearth Sat 23-Jul-22 15:55:39

Its not my bum making those noises,it a pair of sandals I own that make fart noises as the air gets trapped between foot and insole.
I entered a crowded silent lift a few days ago,I felt duty bound to explain it wasnt me,luckily everyone saw the funny side of my farty sandals.

Smileless2012 Sat 23-Jul-22 13:56:42

midgeygrin. I'm so self conscious on the thankfully rare occasions it happens, I'll even say pardon or excuse me if I'm on my own!!!

midgey Sat 23-Jul-22 12:09:27

Oh my word….I am almost ‘wind assisted’ some days! You just have to brazen it out. But I agree it’s a nightmare.

ExDancer Sat 23-Jul-22 12:08:30

Not at all.
I have a condition called BAM and the medication I take gives me mega episodes of wind. One of the best things to take, for me, to control it is Woodwards Baby Gripe Water.
But when I let rip a seriously loud one, I put my hand on my bottom and say "Please excuse my bum". Its no use trying to hide those.
Otherwise I ignore them and carry on as if nothing's amiss.

sarahchall Sat 23-Jul-22 11:54:22

I hope you don't mind me posting about this embarrassing topic but do any of you sometimes audibly break wind when in public? What on earth do you say to people you're with? I get so embarrassed. I might appear all calm and collected on the surface but I die a little each time it happens. (I do have a problem and have to change my diet). I'm sorry again if I offend anyone asking this question.