Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Vintage Cash Cow

(4 Posts)
travelnan Mon 27-Feb-23 14:44:39

Has anyone used their services and were you pleased with the payment received. Many thanks.

Opal Mon 27-Feb-23 20:29:03

I've used them twice, very easy process. I sent them a few old pewter tankards and a few silver plated ornaments, none of which were in great condition. They offered £10 for the first package, and £13 for the second. I accepted both offers and they sent me a cheque. They would have paid via bank transfer, but I prefer not to share my bank details with people I don't know. I was happy to recycle the items, far better than throwing them away.

Sarah75 Tue 28-Feb-23 07:23:23

Do you have to get your package weighed, or does the postage label they send you cover up to a certain weight?

GrandmaTrisha Tue 28-Feb-23 08:36:27

I used them last year and was very happy. I took the opportunity to clear out all my ‘dress jewellery’ old watches, photo frames etc. You just put it all in a box ( I don’t think there was weight limit), put their label on it and them call / email them to collect it which they did.
I was offered £145 for all my ‘junk’ which I was very happy with and it was paid into my bank the same afternoon following their offer. You can send as many boxes as you like too.
I would definitely use them again.