Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anyone been outside yet?

(19 Posts)
Riverwalk Tue 07-Mar-23 10:08:53

It's 4 degrees, drizzly and grey out there and I'm still in my dressing gown - have to get a move on as meeting my friend at 11.00.

The forecast was for sleet so small mercies.

Wyllow3 Tue 07-Mar-23 10:09:53

No, despite the sun streaming in the window, I'll enjoy it from a warm indoors...

GagaJo Tue 07-Mar-23 10:11:25

Yes! Three times. Fed the birds. Took grandson out for a quick play in the snow (he was excited) and defrosted the car. Drove (skidded) grandson to school in the snow.

MawtheMerrier Tue 07-Mar-23 10:12:53

I’m so glad I’m not the only one!
The other Sunday I was still in my pj’s at lunchtime having had a totally self indulgent morning, but feeling a bit #slutshamed when I looked across and because the trees and my beech hedge are still quite bare, could just see my neighbour and best friend in her conservatory still in her dressing gown too.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Mar-23 10:18:50

I am up and dressed (casual comfy) have just made an executive decision not to go to the farm shop and local shops for food shopping, cannot see the point of getting cold ❄️❄️❄️

Hetty58 Tue 07-Mar-23 10:21:34

The little dog has more sense than me. I put her coat, harness and lead on, off we went - and she changed her mind, so turned back, just halfway down the road. It took longer to get us both wrapped up!

I have a (bad?) habit, now, of changing into (double layered) PJ bottoms and dressing gown as soon as I'm back home. Slipper boots, ankle warmers - and if it's really cold - a knitted hat too!

ExperiencedNotOld Tue 07-Mar-23 10:23:37

That’s the joy of being able to exploit to the best advantage working from home. I generally go in one day a week but have the option to attend or meet anyone virtually. I’ve just been to a meeting, where many of us are safely at home.

Redhead56 Tue 07-Mar-23 10:26:50

It’s very sunny here but 2 degrees and very cold. I’m indoors with another bacterial chest infection and on antibiotics. If it persists next step respiratory tests and X-rays as it gone on over four months.

Georgesgran Tue 07-Mar-23 10:29:40

Still in bed here! Not like me at all, but decidedly under the weather with a cough to kill a horse!

Callistemon21 Tue 07-Mar-23 10:29:57

Yes, must get on, it says it is 4C and raining but if I look out of the window it's not raining.

However, we have to go out later so must shower, struggle with my hair and put on a bit of makeup or else I look, well, not fit to be seen!

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Mar-23 10:48:59

Yes, I was up and dressed at 6:30, raining, son needed a lift to work at 7:30, then I went to Marks for 8:15 to collect an order. When I got home it was 2.5 and damp. I’ll go out for a walk later, we’re predicted 5, I don’t like it!

mokryna Tue 07-Mar-23 12:19:09

It was cold first thing but wrapped up warm and walked the kilometer plus to gym, then onto market. Sun is now trying to get through but I don’t how out much hope.

Baggs Tue 07-Mar-23 12:21:43

-3º here when I went to work. Clear sky and brilliant sunshine though so no complaints from me ☀️

M0nica Tue 07-Mar-23 15:28:24

Yes, doing gardening this afternoon. The battery has gone on the outside thermometer but my computer tells me it is around 5c, and that is not a figure I would argue with, despite a shower of sleet that lasted only 2 or 3 mintes.

Cabbie21 Tue 07-Mar-23 16:13:01

Just back from a 35 min drive out round the villages for a change of scene. Too cold to get out for a walk, especially whenit hailed! Mostly bright and sunny.

Kate1949 Tue 07-Mar-23 16:20:16

It's a beautiful day in our bit of Birmingham. Bright, sunny and spring like. I've been for a walk and it didn't feel cold at all.

NotAGran55 Tue 07-Mar-23 16:22:05

Yes, not long back from grocery shopping and just finished getting my stuff ready to go to football ⚽️ tonight.

Greyduster Tue 07-Mar-23 18:08:44

We’ve had a beautiful day here but it was so cold when I went out briefly that I couldn’t wait to get back in! The sun on the conservatory all afternoon heated it up nicely so I took advantage of it. We have snow forecast for Thursday so I will be confined to barracks until it’s all gone, looking after my fledgling artificial hip!

Wyllow3 Tue 07-Mar-23 18:15:12

Snap, Greyduster I enjoyed the sun from inside.