Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Have you been outside yet?

(19 Posts)
Riverwalk Fri 10-Mar-23 10:46:34

It's unexpectedly dried and brightened-up sunshine although very windy (gentle breeze according to the BBC weather).

Going to make a run for the border before I change my mind or it rains!

dragonfly46 Fri 10-Mar-23 10:49:00

We have sun at the moment shining on the snow so looking good for our trip across the Pennines!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 10-Mar-23 10:49:05

Blimmin freezing wind!

MawtheMerrier Fri 10-Mar-23 10:50:52

Dried up for the time and actually trying to be sunny, after waking up to a white out.
It seems wrong for the daffodils and crocuses to be flattened by the snow!

MawtheMerrier Fri 10-Mar-23 10:52:40

The postie has just been and he’s got his long trousers on - must be cold! 🥶

pandapatch Fri 10-Mar-23 11:13:27

I have an ear infection, cold and nasty cough - haven't been outside for 2 days!

SachaMac Fri 10-Mar-23 11:20:22

Had to cancel my plans for lunch with a friend as we’ve had more snow overnight and it’s proving very difficult to get cars off our cul de sac, I’m not risking a prang. On the up side the sun is out and it’s all looking very pretty.

AGAA4 Fri 10-Mar-23 11:24:17

I had a very short walk in the snow. It's about 10 inches deep in parts so was very hard going. Sun is shining and it's beautiful out there.

Yammy Fri 10-Mar-23 11:26:22

Got up to a white-out Pennines completely covered up here in the northwest. They closed the snow gates on the A66 yesterday at 2 p.m. and I don't know if they have opened yet.
The sun has been out and the roads are clear, not the pavements. The clouds are starting to come in.
We are waiting for a Sainsbury's delivery I pity the poor drivers as we have very steep hills.

Alioop Fri 10-Mar-23 12:05:47

I have thick snow, the snow plough was down before I got up to clear the road. My friend lives 15 minutes from me and hasn't a drop, her grandson is not amused. The sun is out now, we have blue skies, it looks lovely.

Kate1949 Fri 10-Mar-23 12:23:05

It rained here last night so the snow was being washed away. Unfortunately it snowed again in the middle of the night so it's back. The sun is out though so fingers crossed 🤞

TerriBull Fri 10-Mar-23 12:55:18

I'd like to go for a walk later, but when I stepped out into Sainsburys's car park earlier it was freezing with a nasty wind, so not fancying it really. No snow on the ground because it's been too wet for that, has dried up somewhat now and a watery sun is coming out through the grey sky, still cold though. Roll on warmer weather.

Riverwalk Fri 10-Mar-23 13:00:47

Blimey it was cold out there - such a biting wind and of course the sun went in as I went out the door.

Yes Maw it's ominous when the postie wears trousers!

MiniMoon Fri 10-Mar-23 13:06:10

I'm not walking out today. We have snow lying on the ground and I don't want to slip and break my wrist again. I will wait until the weather improves. Thank you.

Patsy70 Fri 10-Mar-23 13:15:53

Was due to go for a walk with a friend, then coffee at our local garden centre. So cold, snow blizzard, rain …….. so we abandoned our walk and just had coffee and cake at the gc, and a lovely, long chat. 😊

henetha Fri 10-Mar-23 13:51:15

I had to go for an eye check up this morning and it's so darn cold that when I got home I put the CH on full and don't care if it's extravagant!

Norah Fri 10-Mar-23 13:56:48

It's cold, we bundled up, walked dogs - they never care to weather.

HeavenLeigh Fri 10-Mar-23 20:26:31

Only been out to the tumble dryer which is in the garage, no snow but a biting wind.

Fleurpepper Fri 10-Mar-23 20:30:52

Howling out there, raining predicted to turn to snow. YUK!

Our new dog from Djerba must be wondering what the heck!