Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

HRT over 65

(10 Posts)
purplenanny Sun 04-Feb-24 18:33:15

Hi
I don't normally post but feel I need to reach out...
I'm feeling like my hormones are letting me down. Washed out, lethargic, bad sleeping, no motivation, brain fog, headaches, low moods, falling a sleep in the chair.....none of which is me. Been like this for several months. Also a lot of pain in my shins.
I wondered if hrt might help?
Is anyone in this position? Thank you

Cossy Sun 04-Feb-24 18:54:26

Please go and see your GP as it could be anything. I’m 65 and feel the same, and sadly have finally been diagnosed with CFS/ME. But my GP is still running a raft of blood tests to check for Vit D levels, B12, anemia and other things and I am also going to have an assessment with a homeopathic nutritionist.

I hope you can find some answers and get some support. Good luck flowers

Grandmabatty Sun 04-Feb-24 19:09:31

Could be an underactive thyroid. Definitely go to the doctor

Grandmabatty Sun 04-Feb-24 19:10:02

Or diabetes

purplenanny Sun 04-Feb-24 20:40:01

Thank you Cossy. Sorry you are experiencing the same.

purplenanny Sun 04-Feb-24 20:42:25

Thank you. I had a parathyroid removed a few years ago. So possibly could be problem with another I guess.

purplenanny Wed 07-Feb-24 12:51:38

Cossy

Please go and see your GP as it could be anything. I’m 65 and feel the same, and sadly have finally been diagnosed with CFS/ME. But my GP is still running a raft of blood tests to check for Vit D levels, B12, anemia and other things and I am also going to have an assessment with a homeopathic nutritionist.

I hope you can find some answers and get some support. Good luck flowers

I contacted my gp on Tuesday and he is organising all the blood tests you list and one for bones. A full mot as he puts it.
Thank you to everyone who helped me

Shelflife Wed 07-Feb-24 16:16:40

Good luck purplenanny, pleased to hear your GP is taking action - I wish you well.

Witzend Wed 07-Feb-24 16:20:09

Grandmabatty

Could be an underactive thyroid. Definitely go to the doctor

Ditto.
My elder sister had those symptoms - it was her thyroid.

ronib Wed 07-Feb-24 19:41:24

Has anyone considered the possibility of an ovarian cyst? An ultrasound plus CT scan would confirm that.