Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Emergency call buttons

(3 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Sun 04-Oct-26 15:32:22

My mother, rather feisty, lives with us in an annex.
Last week I mentioned her footwear as not being very suitable. She responded by telling me that she’d had no problem with her sliders and found them very comfortable. Even with her toes over the edge?
Last evening after sorting her out, picking up broken crockery and mopping up blood I think she now agrees with me!
Luckily she didn’t do any serious damage.
Another thing she has been resisting is an alarm. It’s a long way from our bedroom to hers and I believe she may now be in the frame of mind to accept one.
We don’t need an outside agency, just one that alerts us at night or during the day when we maybe outside.
If there are any recommendations I would be grateful.

Suki70 Sun 04-Oct-26 15:49:46

A friend of mine recently bought an alarm watch from YourStride and is very pleased with it.
It’s neat and has GPS too.

62Granny Sun 04-Oct-26 15:55:15

There are a few on Amazon that say "Alert button to call family" they are around the £30 mark.
I have used them so not sure if they are any good.