Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

CBD Oil Recommendations

(15 Posts)
Patsy70 Tue 04-Oct-22 10:02:42

Does anyone take CBD Oil for the general aches and pains experienced when getting older, and if so please would you please recommend a supplier? Thank you.

annsixty Tue 04-Oct-22 10:50:34

I have thought about this Patsy but have never really found anyone I know recommending it apart from celebrities who are being paid to endorse it.
It would be good if any GNers have personal experience of the good it can do.

Visgir1 Tue 04-Oct-22 10:54:14

I have use a company called ProVcan CBD oil @6%for a few years. I think it helps my hands.
Check them out on line.
Takes a while to build up.

NanKate Tue 04-Oct-22 11:35:30

I use Kloris products to help with sleep and an arthritic thumb.

At first I responded well to the drops for sleep but 9 months down the line my body has got used to the drops and are not that effective now.

The balm I rub on the base of my thumb does help and takes the pain away for a while.

I think they charge a lot for what you get.

ExDancer Tue 04-Oct-22 11:50:53

I have found it useless and a real rip-off. The effective ingredient has been removed so there's no way it can help you.

Redhead56 Tue 04-Oct-22 12:01:31

I took advice from various sources spent a fair amount on different products. I wouldn’t recommend any it’s a waste of money in my honest opinion.

annsixty Tue 04-Oct-22 12:22:30

That is basically what I have worked out, save your money.

Patsy70 Wed 05-Oct-22 09:17:32

Thank you all for your responses.

Apricotdessert Wed 05-Oct-22 09:26:59

I haven't used CBD oil but I do have shelled hemp on my cereal each morning for several years now and believe it has minute quantities in it. I believe it has helped an inner ear problem I have, but probably the healthy fats in it are what helps rather than any CBD.

MayBee70 Wed 05-Oct-22 10:48:10

A blog I listened to said it was better in the form of a tincture. But I need to listen to it again. The doctor said it was unfortunate that cannabis turned into a recreational drug and, as a result was largely ignored for medicinal purposes.

Georgesgran Wed 05-Oct-22 13:59:18

Snake oil - but that’s my personal opinion. Expensive, but if you can afford it and feel it’s effective, then go for it.

Radagask Sat 04-Nov-23 18:34:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

bikergran Sun 05-Nov-23 07:35:13

My dad has been taking CBD oil for his Parkinson's. He has had Parkinson's for over must be at least 14yrs. It was diagnosed with the usual tremors.

For the last 4/5 yrs he has been taking CBD oil in a morning , he now takes it at night as well, just a few drops.

His hands tremor very little if at all, he doesn't shuffle although of course at 88 he does not walk spritely.

He notices if he does not take it.

Although we cannot prove it has helped his Parkinson's disease he swears by it. He originally started taking it for his back which he does really struggle with, that does not seem to have improved. But for his Parkinson's who knows!

When he went to a change of doctor as his usual one wasn't available the new Doc was very interested in him but of course they are not allowed to encourage other alternatives.
My dad does take the usual Parkinson's drugs, his Consultant last year just said "carry on with whatever it is you are doing/taking".

NanKate Sun 05-Nov-23 08:10:55

Although CBD drops didn’t work for my erratic sleep, other than for the first week or so, I have continued with the CBD balm on my arthritic thumb and it works for me.

In addition as I am almost at the end of my small pot of balm (which was very expensive) I last week bought some Tiger Balm from Boots. After my shower my back was aching, as it often does, so I rubbed in the Tiger balm onto my warm skin and the ache faded away quickly.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Nov-23 08:21:53

I use Rhus Tox & Ruta Cream by Helios which I swear by. Back in 2014 I suddenly had excruciating pain in one thumb. My doctor gave me blood tests for Rheumatoid Arthritis but while waiting for the results and finding that the pain was spreading over my hand, I ordered a tube of this cream to try. By the time the blood results were back, I had the pain under control with the Rhus Tox & Ruta Cream (I was negative for RA but my doctor had no suggestions except painkillers).

Over the last 9 years I have been ordering a large 500 g. tub of this cream direct from Helios (the tubes are available also from Amazon) and use it on my lower back pain and all pain, and it works well for me.