Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What's for lunch and dinner today?

(17 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 02-Feb-23 12:51:45

I'm just back from the dentist after having two replacement fillings - apart from being a couple of hundred pounds poorer I'm still a bit numb so can't eat for a while.

I'm going to spend the afternoon batch-cooking - there's an aubergine parmigiana in the offing, various roast vegetables, and pork steaks which were yellow-stickered and I have to now do something with them smile

Grantanow Thu 02-Feb-23 13:03:00

We never eat lunch. Dinner today is a homemade chicken curry.

yogitree Thu 02-Feb-23 13:05:48

I don't do b'fast, so home made soup and a sandwich for lunch, Spanish Chicken for dinner.

Forsythia Thu 02-Feb-23 13:20:39

Soup and sandwich for lunch and beef casserole for the evening.

Aveline Thu 02-Feb-23 13:21:30

Just had cheese and ham sandwich on lovely malted brown bread, a pink lady apple and a chunky KitKat. I'm in my own tonight so a crustless mini quiche with sprouts, a small yoghurt and tangerines this evening. Not on a diet!!

MiniMoon Thu 02-Feb-23 13:39:14

Lunch today has been salmon with a sweet chilli glaze, stir fry vegetables and noodles.
Supper tonight will be home made mushroom soup with ham sandwiches.

Auntieflo Thu 02-Feb-23 13:43:00

Lunch is a roast pork sandwich, toasted, with an apple to follow and a cup or two, of tea.
Dinner will be home made meat loaf, mashed potatoes and broccoli.

tanith Thu 02-Feb-23 13:44:02

Egg mayo & cress granary sandwich with a satsumas for lunch and I’m making Shepards pie for dinner one to eat one for the freezer.

lixy Thu 02-Feb-23 13:45:18

Scampi and salad for lunch. Cheese with apple and fresh bread for tea.

Jaxjacky Thu 02-Feb-23 13:56:05

Brunch of Weetabix with prunes, blueberries and a banana. Dinner will be homemade chicken and vegetable curry.

GagaJo Thu 02-Feb-23 13:56:46

Left over risotto for lunch. May well have it for dinner too, if DD hasn't eaten it first.

Riverwalk Thu 02-Feb-23 13:59:48

tanith

Egg mayo & cress granary sandwich with a satsumas for lunch and I’m making Shepards pie for dinner one to eat one for the freezer.

tanith do you mean mustard & cress, those little spindly thingies that we used to grow on blotting paper in school?

Every now and then I crave that with egg mayo, but can never find it - maybe it's there when I don't want it and I overlook it!

Where do you buy it?

Kate1949 Thu 02-Feb-23 14:03:27

Not sure about dinner but lunch was homemade carrot, potato, lentil and coriander soup and little flat bread thingies. All made by my DH.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 02-Feb-23 14:06:25

Lunch was a Cornish cream tea (birthday present)

Dinner is coconut and kale fish curry

MrsKen33 Thu 02-Feb-23 14:09:31

Lunch was berries, yogurt and toasted coconut. Dinner is an M& S dine in for £10. Chicken, broccoli and roast potatoes.

Norah Thu 02-Feb-23 14:50:42

Lunch was tomato coconut mild lentil stew, bread, apple crumble. Dinner is roasted aubergine curry, rice, salad, affogoto and biscuits.

Sago Thu 02-Feb-23 15:01:33

Homemade carrot and coriander soup with homemade sourdough and too much homemade butter!

Dinner tonight is nothing homemade it’s fish and chips from one of Hull’s finest🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌.

We’re on a major mission to declutter in a 3 storey house it’s a lot of up and down!
We thought we deserved it.