Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My beloved Uncles

(13 Posts)
Grannyben Tue 12-Apr-16 21:40:47

I sit here thinking how lucky your family are, your uncle's for going on their journey surrounded by love and those of your family who were lucky enough to have them in the first place xx

baubles Tue 12-Apr-16 09:37:28

Despite the teeming rain yesterday was a beautiful day.

Each branch of the family was represented in the service and my uncle's character shone through as did the love and affection in which he was held by all who knew him. It couldn't have been more fitting.

Thank you for your good wishes.

PRINTMISS Sun 10-Apr-16 17:38:10

So sad that two loved people should die so quickly after one another. What a lovely family you have baubles. flowers

Imperfect27 Sun 10-Apr-16 17:13:14

Just adding my condolences. Two losses so close together is hard for you all. I am glad you can take comfort and pleasure from planning your uncle's funeral - I can honestly say that my daughter's funeral was an amazing day and a very fitting celebration of her life - which was lived in a very whole way. Simles amodst the tears, flowers for you xx

grannyactivist Sun 10-Apr-16 15:01:31

baubles, condolences on your losses. flowers

Your uncle with Down's syndrome sounds a warm personality and was obviously well liked by his carers as well as being loved by his family.

harrigran Sun 10-Apr-16 12:13:07

So sorry for the loss of your uncles baubles flowers

cornergran Sun 10-Apr-16 11:46:11

so sorry for your losses Baubles, the proverb is beautiful. flowers

Alea Sun 10-Apr-16 10:42:58

Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was'

Hebrew proverb

That is lovely, baubles , very sorry for your loss. flowers

ninathenana Sun 10-Apr-16 10:36:17

A touching tribute.
Sorry for the loss of both these me flowers

Anniebach Sun 10-Apr-16 10:02:20

baubles, my sympathy . I had a much loved cousin who was downs, we all adored him , he brought us joy and his funeral was a celebration of his life and thanks giving for the love and happiness he brought to us . We were blessed that he was part of our family

Lona Sun 10-Apr-16 08:44:17

baubles that is a real 'happy ending' sunshine
Condolences flowers

Marelli Sun 10-Apr-16 08:15:14

baubles, there are tears in my eyes as I read this. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but how good it is that you can come together to plan a fitting tribute to both of these men who meant so much to you all.
The Hebrew proverb at the end is one we would wish for us all. flowers xx

baubles Sun 10-Apr-16 08:02:00

This may be an odd thing to say but yesterday we had a lovely day planning the funeral of a much loved uncle.

One of my mother's three brothers died suddenly on Wednesday and another died peacefully after a long illness on Thursday.

The funeral of the first took place on Friday, it was a sad day.

My other Uncle had Downs Syndrome and has spent the last few years in residential care, visited every single day by a sibling or one of their children.

We have planned what I hope will be a beautiful service for him.

He has lovingly cared for by a dedicated team, some of whom went to work on their day off to spend a last few hours with him. Today he is being brought home to my mother's house from where we will take him to the church tomorrow.

We laughed more than we cried yesterday.

This is so apt for my darling uncle.

Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was'

- Hebrew proverb