Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Remembering our loved ones

(9 Posts)
Imperfect27 Tue 04-Jul-17 15:10:54

I wrote the following poem earlier today. I wasn't sad when I wrote it, it was simply good to remember ...
I thought that if I made a start, others might like to post something of personal meaning to them and their loved ones too.

Janice xx

Missing you all over again
(Ten years, 10 months, 1 week, 2 days on)

Your hand in mine
Your voice
Your laugh
The line of your cheek
The mischief in your eyes
Your huffing and puffing and meh-ing at the injustices in your own, sweet little world
Your energy
And brightness
Your delightfulness
Beauty in mind and spirit
These things I always carry with me
Yet, miss intensely
Still.

annerogers Tue 04-Jul-17 15:53:33

Beautiful flowers

silverlining48 Tue 04-Jul-17 16:41:40

Janice, you do have a way with words. I hope it helped a bit remembering; but then you will never forget. She will always be with you. Sending love x

Imperfect27 Tue 04-Jul-17 16:55:11

smile sunshine It has been a good day. Thank you xx

Beavermist Tue 04-Jul-17 22:07:41

I am a lurker not usually a poster, I had noticed you have not posted for a while. You are very brave, I hope you are ok Best Wishes x

Luckygirl Tue 04-Jul-17 22:10:55

flowers x

Imperfect27 Wed 05-Jul-17 13:58:02

Yes, Beavermist, thank you. It has been an interesting year with lots of changes to my personal circumstances, but all working to the good.

flowers for you and Luckygirl and I raise you a cupcake ... or glass of wine - whatever takes your fancy smile.

morethan2 Wed 05-Jul-17 20:14:07

That was very poignant thank you for posting. I wish I could post somthing to comfort you I know that's impossible. Grief is hard to bear. I hope sharing your feelings has helped.

Imperfect27 Thu 06-Jul-17 07:42:57

morethan2, thank you. It is ok - I very much feel that I have come through the worst of times - there will always be some sadness, some days that are harder than others for obvious reasons, but essentially I am ok smile. I feel blessed by family and have been able to make a good life beyond loss. But I also know that for me it has helped to find safe spaces to share experiences of loss and to remember my daughter in tangible ways. I just happen to find writing poetry soothing at times and at times I just want to 'do' something to mark her memory. I used to belong to a bereavement forum that had a thread inviting people to post in memory of their loved ones and it was well used. I thought people might value the same here.
Janice x