Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Lonely

(8 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Fri 01-Dec-17 18:08:02

Thanks Silver !

It’s beautiful here, we’re loving it . But still have lots to unpack , might take some time :-)

silverlining48 Fri 01-Dec-17 18:05:36

Hi nana, hope the move went well. Enjoy norfolk. Its a lovely county with lots to see, and hardly any traffic jams, (which you definitely wont be missing) .
Good luck.

NanaandGrampy Fri 01-Dec-17 17:58:07

That’s fabulous! Many years ago I used to compete at agility with one of my Bernese Mountain Dogs ! I’ll pm you .

Polyphemus1 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:44:45

Hi NanaandGrampy yes that would be lovely. I compete with my dogs at agility, there is a lady that competes on a mobility scooter and has just been chosen for the park Agility team

NanaandGrampy Fri 01-Dec-17 13:44:08

Afternoon Polyhemus - funny old thing but we have just moved up to near Norwich and have a little dog!

Sadly, I'm not the dog walker as I have a mobility scooter but if I can find walks with paths then I shall be heading out.

I was lucky enough to meet a lovely lady when in our previous home, from GN and we met up every few weeks for coffee , a good chat and to swap tales of life in general.

So maybe, if you'd like to do similar in the New Year we could arrange something?

silverlining48 Fri 01-Dec-17 13:41:12

Poly, I am sorry to hear that, it must be very hard.
Do go onto the meet up forum and write suggesting a meet up probably somewhere central in norwich and wait to hear from anyone interested.
I was a bit lonely too do did the same thing in the south east and we have been meeting since February, its worked out very well. Good luck.

Pittcity Fri 01-Dec-17 13:24:37

PolyP can I suggest that you start a chat on Gransnet Local Norwich? local.gransnet.com/norwich
There are often meetups there or you can arrange one on the local forum.

Polyphemus1 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:29:06

Hi
I lost my husband a year ago and am finding it very hard to meet new friends in a similar situation. I live in the Norwich area love walking my dogs, I’m not looking for love jus5 a like minded friend