Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Mr Scribbles

(85 Posts)
Scribbles Tue 21-Jan-20 22:14:15

Many kind GNers have expressed their love and concern and said prayers for my OH after I told on the "Prayer" thread of his being hit by a car and seriously injured.

Sadly, there is no good news to report. Despite the skill and care of the dedicated team in ICU at Queens Medical Centre, his injuries proved insurmountable and the decision was made, with the full and informed support of Daughter and me, to withdraw life support.

I held his hand, that loving hand, as he died and know that we were right to let him suffer no further pain. But now I have to face a future without my best friend at my side and have no idea if or how I will cope.

The awfulness is compounded by the requirement for a Home Office post mortem which means it will be at least another week before we can have the death certificate and begin the turgid process of registering the death, notifying all and sundry bureaucratic bodies and arranging a funeral.

I know that many of you have trod this road before me and so will understand the lonely, lonely prospect of waking every day without him. Daughter, friends, neighbours, even the police are all wonderfully kind but nothing will ever make up for knowing that loving, gentle and steadfast man is gone forever and I will never hear his voice again.
Farewell, my darling.

polnan Tue 10-Mar-20 05:00:31

Scribbles... sending love your way.

I am only just finding my way round Gransnet and came across you here..

God be with you..

there are no words that can be said,, I see that your OH was dearly loved by many.... he was well blessed as are you..

just no words... lots of love winging your way.

Charleygirl5 Mon 24-Feb-20 18:28:34

So so sorry- one cannot put it into words.

logansnanny Mon 24-Feb-20 18:21:43

So very sorry Scribbles.xx

Bellanonna Thu 20-Feb-20 16:45:21

Another hug from me Scribbles

Witzend Thu 20-Feb-20 11:23:13

Oh, goodness, I’m so very sorry to hear this, Scribbles, how devastating for you. Words seem so trite, I can send only much sympathy. xx

Madmaggie Thu 20-Feb-20 11:01:23

Sending you love because I can't do anything practical to help.

fatgran57 Sat 25-Jan-20 00:30:15

So very sorry.

kathsue Thu 23-Jan-20 19:21:27

So sorry for your loss scribbles flowers flowers

Sparklefizz Thu 23-Jan-20 18:59:34

I'm so very sorry, Scribbles. flowers

lemongrove Thu 23-Jan-20 18:52:06

Don’t worry about pming Scribbles no need for it, you just take care of yourself, and allow family and friends to help as much as you can, particularly in the next few weeks.We are all thinking of you.xx

callgirl1 Thu 23-Jan-20 18:01:57

Thinking of you Scribbles xx

sukie Thu 23-Jan-20 01:57:04

Scribbles I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear husband. My heart is breaking for you. I hope the love and prayers of your family, friends and fellow GNers will carry you these next few weeks. You will stay on my mind.

Sussexborn Thu 23-Jan-20 00:04:49

So sad to hear what has been happening to you and your family. Such a sad time for you all. Sincere condolences.

PamGeo Wed 22-Jan-20 23:59:43

Really sorry for you and your family flowers

MissAdventure Wed 22-Jan-20 23:51:01

Oh, I'm late seeing this.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I never know what to say, but my heartfelt condolences to the Scribbles family.

Doodle Wed 22-Jan-20 23:48:48

scribbles x hug.

Scribbles Wed 22-Jan-20 22:54:50

Thank you all so much for your love and support which mean such a lot. The past two days have been a roller coaster ride mentally and emotionally and I am completely exhausted. Will those who have PMed me please accept my thanks here. I will acknowledge personally but just not tonight.

I've spent most of the day talking to his friends and explaining why we can't plan a funeral yet. OH was so loved by so many people. I shouldn't be surprised by that but the outpouring of affection and grief have caught me by surprise and I've been through the wringer.
Once again, lovely GNers - thank you.

Doodle Wed 22-Jan-20 12:37:14

So sorry for you all. Sincerer condolences flowers

Nandalot Wed 22-Jan-20 12:36:52

So sorry, Scribbles. A terrible loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

conor Wed 22-Jan-20 11:53:52

So very sorry and sending sincere sympathy to you and your familyflowersxxx

Lynker Wed 22-Jan-20 10:59:17

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you and your daughter my sincere condolences.

Bathsheba Wed 22-Jan-20 09:57:18

Oh Scribbles I am so sorry to read this. I wasn't aware you were going through this dreadful time, as I hadn't seen the original post. Sending hugs, which I know won't help you, but I feel so impotent, there is just nothing, no words of comfort that would actually make you feel better. In my thoughts and prayers flowers

Mommawolf Wed 22-Jan-20 09:49:19

My heart goes out to you, I am so sorry for your loss. We have a weekly prayer group wed afternoons. You will be added and prayed for by all of us. Take care,there are no words to describe what you are going through. Many people are thinking of you.

Framilode Wed 22-Jan-20 09:45:17

I am so sorry to hear this Scribbles. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your daughter.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 22-Jan-20 09:43:03

Sending virtual hugs and condolences Scribbles, thinking of you and your daughter at this distressing time flowers