Gransnet forums

Bereavement

'Ello mate - Three years on

(12 Posts)
Eloethan Thu 09-Jul-20 00:06:02

Oh JuneRose that was so sad to read. He sounds lovely and you obviously miss him terribly. I hope your happy memories of him give you some comfort.

So sorry to everyone else who has lost someone they loved.

Nannee49 Wed 08-Jul-20 21:46:47

Grief is a terrible thing. We do get through it though because despite the howling anguish our own innate life force makes us carry on often when we absolutely don't want to.
It's somehow too soon to hear there will come a day when the agony eases when you are so recently bereaved nannadeb, it's not something you want to hear, at least I didn't. I was so angry, beyond heartbroken, but as junerose and the other posters here have shown the intense anguish of loss lessens tiny bit by tiny bit. I found going to a high place and howling out my pain, screeching like a madwoman helped dull my senses for a while and I was grateful for the brief respite.
You will find a way through...the love of your children and loving kindness of the lovely people here who have shared the stories of their loss will, I hope, eventually be a balm to your battered heart.thanks

MellowYellow Wed 08-Jul-20 21:45:48

I lost my big brother some years ago. He taught me to play his 12 string guitar when I was 8. My finger tips were sore for weeks. I miss him.

NannaDeb58 Wed 08-Jul-20 20:14:59

My husband died in my arms following a short illness on 29th June. We buried him yesterday. I don’t want to be here anymore. We met when I was 20 and he was 30. A lifetime of pure love, and he made me laugh every single day. We have four wonderful adult children who have not left my side, taking it in turns to stay with me. I just don’t see any point in living without Frank and I just want him to hold me. He was my everything. I’ve been popping prescribed diazepam to try to take the edge off this unbearable pain but nothing works. I can’t stop crying and can’t see through this pergatory called life alone. Please someone tell me what to do

Rosina Wed 24-Jun-20 22:20:29

How sad - how you must miss him. Never goes away, does it? Try to remember the love you shared and that he would surely want you to be happy.

JuneRose Wed 24-Jun-20 22:13:54

Thank you all for your lovely messages and mind thoughts.

Luckygirl Wed 24-Jun-20 14:39:39

"'Ello mate!" - that is lovely - I am sure you can hear it ringing in your ears. So sad to lose your brother.

I have a "baby" sister and I have to keep reminding myself that she must be 62 now - she has had two lots of breast cancer, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays away.

FlyingHandbag Wed 24-Jun-20 14:19:44

I absolutely adore my younger brother. He is 5 years younger and was always my little darling. Sorry for your loss. flowersX

Judy54 Wed 24-Jun-20 14:16:22

Yes JuneRose it is very painful to lose a sibling. I lost my beautiful Brother (my only Sibling) 5 years ago, we were very close and I miss him very much. You will I am sure have many treasured memories of your brother who will live in your heart always. Sending kind thoughts your way flowers

SueDonim Wed 24-Jun-20 00:18:56

My big sister died of the same thing a year ago. I was, and am, devastated, I never imagined such a thing.

You have my sympathy, Junerose. flowers

crazyH Tue 23-Jun-20 23:50:10

Awwwwww JuneRose, how sad ! My sympathies and condolences. Be brave and thank God for the 54 years you had him. Your memories will keep him alive in your heart and mind flowers

JuneRose Tue 23-Jun-20 23:38:10

My dear 'baby' brother died 3 years ago with a brain tumour aged 54. He battled for 7 years and was stoical and brave right up to the end never losing his sense of humour. He was such a gentle soul with many friends and loved by all who knew him. He was the best brother I could ever wish for. His funeral was the saddest day of my life but was so beautifully conducted by a minister who'd known him for forty years. As we come round to the anniversary of his death I'm missing him all over again. Whenever he rang me he'd say 'Ello mate! Only me'. What I'd give to hear that again.