Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Jingles

(111 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

glassortwo Sat 13-Feb-21 13:30:55

Hi All,
Been a while since I last visited Gransnet but I have had such sad news this morning that I had to share.
Jingles who was one of Gransnets first members sadly passed away on Thursday after recovering well from a hip replacement after a fall, but then on Wednesday she suffered a pulmonary embolism and sadly passed away in hospital.
Those of us that remember Jingle will do so with fond memories of her sparky personality and lively debate, I will miss her.

cornergran Tue 16-Feb-21 23:02:00

Thank you for posting jingleson, your Mum was both courageous and kind here, she has been and will be much missed. My condolences to you and the rest of the family.

NfkDumpling Tue 16-Feb-21 22:16:10

Thank you Glass for letting us know. I grew quite fond in a weird virtual sort of way of your Jingley mum Jingleson. It took a while to realise her in her latest incarnation. (((Hugs))) to you Jingleson and all your family.

glammanana Tue 16-Feb-21 22:14:22

I am so sad to read this news Jingles was such a good friend since the beginning we often chatted via PMs about our DGSs who where similar ages swapping ideas about gifts for them,she will be greatly missed condolences to her loving family.

M0nica Tue 16-Feb-21 22:08:18

i remember Jingles from the start. She was really such a lively unpredictable person and ran rings round GN HQ. In fact hers is one of the few names from the beginning I can instantly remember

Oddly enough I was thinking of her only today when a thread now taken down, was talking about people who had been banned. She was the only person I actually knew who had been banned.

They say we all have our 15 minutes of fame. That so many have responded to news of her death, shows that her 15 minutes has gone on and on and many will continue to remember wth affection for a long time to come..

My deepest condolences to all her family.

glammagran Tue 16-Feb-21 21:58:04

So sorry to hear about Jingles. I must admit I didn’t know who she was until I read she was aka Gonegirl and then the penny dropped. RIP ??

jogginggirl Tue 16-Feb-21 17:56:00

Hi Jingleson Your mum was a very funny lady with a very soft centre. She once gave me some excellent advice (privately) and I have never forgotten her kindness ❤️
So sad to hear this news, my sympathies to all of her family xx

Matriark Tue 16-Feb-21 10:03:20

That’s so sad! I’ve had a telling off or two from Jings over the years ? but I loved her brio and zest for life. Condolences to her family x

jingleson Tue 16-Feb-21 09:39:17

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for all the amazing messages. It really means something to me that my mum touched so many lives through here.

Cherrytree59 that's a great idea.

Blinko Mon 15-Feb-21 13:09:07

Sending heartfelt condolences, Jingleson. She was such a character and will be sadly missed here on GN, as well as elsewhere, I imagine. flowers

Poppyred Mon 15-Feb-21 12:46:01

Jingleson very sorry for your loss.

Poppyred Mon 15-Feb-21 12:44:15

Iam64

Jingles was mentioned by many during the recent attempts to persuade GNHQ not to ban MawB, or anyone, for life. All the references to Jingles were affectionate and many posters couldn’t understand her permanent ban. I enjoyed her especially as Gone Girl

Has MawB been banned for life?? What for??

Fennel Mon 15-Feb-21 12:21:54

Such a nice surprise to hear from you Jingleson and glad to know our messages have reached your family.
I send condolences too, what a shock. She was such a vibrant lady, may she rest in peace.

trisher Mon 15-Feb-21 10:38:30

jingleson Thankyou for posting, it's obvious that the qualities which made Jingles such a loved and respected poster on GN have been passed on to you. Taking the time to post at such a time was so thoughtful. My sympathies to all the family. Your mum was a great character who made her mark and leaves us all with many memories whatever name she was using. And her persistance in by-passing the rules of GNHQ was truly great.

Iam64 Mon 15-Feb-21 08:57:28

Sincere condolences to you and her family jingleson. What a dreadful loss for all of you.
Thanks so much for posting here.
Your mum was always interesting, sometimes a bit controversial and very entertaining on gransnet. I particularly enjoyed her Gone Girl period.

Cherrytree59 Sun 14-Feb-21 21:39:59

My sincere condolences jingleson to you and your family.flowers.

A little gransnet book of memories that you could perhaps print off and look back on.

Your mum was one special lady?

Callistemon Sun 14-Feb-21 21:33:19

Condolences to you and your family Jingleson.

Your mother was very well thought of on GN, always interesting, witty, her posts were sometimes controversial but so enjoyable! She was so kind-hearted too and, if anyone can make a friend on the internet, a real friend to so many.
Thank you for posting.

My sympathy to you and all her family. ?

kittylester Sun 14-Feb-21 21:21:34

Thank you for posting jingleson. I hope seeing how much love there was for your mum on here has helped a little.

TerriBull Sun 14-Feb-21 20:36:08

Condolences to you and your family Jingleson, your mum sounded a real one off, in the best possible way. So sorry for yours and your family's loss and our loss too, she was much lamented here on GN when she first disappeared, re-emerging at a later stage as Gone Girl. What an apt name given the circumstances of her first departure, and whilst the clue was in the name, when she posted I think many of knew who she was, she had her own special brand of wit that's for sure and a kind and caring heart to go with that flowers

merlotgran Sun 14-Feb-21 20:25:09

jingl was the best cyber friend anyone could have. Her constant support when I lost my daughter is something I will never forget. I was so sad to read of her sudden death.

I'll always remember the fun we had in the early days of Gransnet with Ana - another friend sadly no longer with us.

Thank you for your post, jingleson. You and your family have been in my thoughts. My deepest sympathy.

janeainsworth Sun 14-Feb-21 20:22:25

Thank you jingleson - your mum was a very special person and I hope the memories of her on here are a small comfort to you. Her love for her family shone through her posts - condolences to you all.

seacliff Sun 14-Feb-21 20:09:31

Thanks Jingson for taking the time to post at this sad time.

Jings was such a character, a real legend here, and will long be remembered. She clearly adored her grandchildren and family. So sorry for your loss. Best Wishes to you all. flowers

Doodle Sun 14-Feb-21 20:00:58

Sincere condolences to you and your family Jingleson.
Jings was a great character. I always looked out for her posts. Such a sense of humour and wit. So very sorry for your sad loss.

Kalu Sun 14-Feb-21 20:00:32

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on here during what understandably has been a devastating time for all of Jingle’s loving family. I wish all of you strength for the days ahead but tinged with happy memories of your mum in a similar vein as we have shared here.
Gone Girl but never forgotten. ?

Alima Sun 14-Feb-21 19:46:58

You had a wonderful Mum jingleson, our thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Marydoll Sun 14-Feb-21 19:44:23

jingleson, I hope you have found comfort from the messages on here. What a legacy to leave.