Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Please hold me in your thoughts.

(203 Posts)
merlotgran Wed 03-Mar-21 19:31:29

This morning I had to say goodbye to my wonderful DH who has battled heart failure and bladder cancer so very bravely. When he developed sepsis we knew the best thing was to bring him home from hospital so he could be at peace with us and his beloved JR Peggy at his side.

We couldn't have achieved this without Hospice at Home who went above and beyond to support us and make sure his final two weeks were spent with comfort and love.

I now have to come to terms with it all. It's not that I wasn't expecting it and I'm relieved his suffering is over but s many of you already know, it's going to be tough.

kittylester Wed 03-Mar-21 19:53:44

Merlot, I'm so sorry that you have more sadness to cope with. How lovely for you to be able to bring your husband home. Sending loving thought and gentle hugs.

I, too, had missed you posting- you have been here ever since I joined gn and you know that we are here if you need us.

TerriBull Wed 03-Mar-21 19:54:10

I am so sorry to read about your devastating loss of your dear husband Merlot. Deepest sympathy to you and all your family flowers

MountainAsh Wed 03-Mar-21 19:56:18

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this very sad time. flowers

annsixty Wed 03-Mar-21 19:58:40

Dear Merlot I remember you said at Christmas that it was likely to be your last together and hoping you were wrong.
You have now realised that forecast and my heart goes out to you.
You have had so much loss recently.
I am now nearly two years down that road and it does get better,
I was well prepared as I think you may have been.
It doesn’t lessen the loss but I think acceptance and an end to their suffering is easier to deal with.
I hope your loving family will help you as you will help them.
Sincerest condolences to you all.
flowers

sart Wed 03-Mar-21 19:58:54

Sincere condolences, so sorry for your loss flowers

Grandmabatty Wed 03-Mar-21 19:59:29

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear husband. I will hold you in my heart and prayers. I hope you have support in real life. ?

mrshat Wed 03-Mar-21 20:02:24

Merlot I'm so very sorry to read your sad news. It was a blessing to have your dear husband home with you for the last two weeks.
Sending love and prayers and deepest sympathy.

Remember those happy times you had together, good memories will help you through.

You were one of the originals when I joined gn many years ago, so almost like family. Take care of yourself flowers

Justwidowed Wed 03-Mar-21 20:03:25

Sincere condolences to you and your family .

Alygran Wed 03-Mar-21 20:06:36

So sorry to hear this news. Merlotgran my condolences. Thoughts and prayers are with you flowers

Galaxy Wed 03-Mar-21 20:07:08

I am so sorry for your loss flowers

Framilode Wed 03-Mar-21 20:07:20

I am so sorry to hear your news Merlotgran.

NotAGran55 Wed 03-Mar-21 20:07:53

How wonderful that you could be together , and Peggy too.
Thinking of you ?

Elusivebutterfly Wed 03-Mar-21 20:08:47

I'm sorry for your loss.

Aveline Wed 03-Mar-21 20:09:11

Deepest condolences Merlotgran. A sad time for you. Will be thinking of you over the forthcoming weeks. Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing once the upheaval of it all settles.

JaneJudge Wed 03-Mar-21 20:09:46

I'm so sorry xx

SueDonim Wed 03-Mar-21 20:09:47

I’m so sorry, Merlotgran. Thinking of you. flowers

BlueBelle Wed 03-Mar-21 20:10:14

Very very sorry to hear this sad news but what an honour to have him with you as his life ended what a comfort for you both to be together
Please take care of yourself I hope you have support
?

rascal Wed 03-Mar-21 20:12:50

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts xx flowers

brook2704 Wed 03-Mar-21 20:14:25

I’m so sorry for your loss merlotgran please accept my condolences ?

Nannytopsy Wed 03-Mar-21 20:16:55

Very sorry to hear your news merlotgran. Having him home must have been a comfort for you.

Dwmxwg Wed 03-Mar-21 20:20:55

You will indeed be in my thoughts. My sincere sympathies to you and you family ?

ElaineI Wed 03-Mar-21 20:22:28

So sorry Merlotgran. I'm glad he managed home x

cornergran Wed 03-Mar-21 20:25:02

So sorry merlotgran, my condolences. I recall you saying you expected Christmas to be your last together. Your time together at home with Peggy was a precious thing for you both. I hope there are friends and family to support you now, please let them. Sending love, you will be in my thoughts.

Casdon Wed 03-Mar-21 20:25:52

Sorry to hear this Merlotgran, please accept my deepest sympathy.

supergirlsnan Wed 03-Mar-21 20:28:36

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope he is re-united with your much loved daughter. x