Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Please hold me in your thoughts.

(203 Posts)
merlotgran Wed 03-Mar-21 19:31:29

This morning I had to say goodbye to my wonderful DH who has battled heart failure and bladder cancer so very bravely. When he developed sepsis we knew the best thing was to bring him home from hospital so he could be at peace with us and his beloved JR Peggy at his side.

We couldn't have achieved this without Hospice at Home who went above and beyond to support us and make sure his final two weeks were spent with comfort and love.

I now have to come to terms with it all. It's not that I wasn't expecting it and I'm relieved his suffering is over but s many of you already know, it's going to be tough.

glammagran Thu 04-Mar-21 13:20:57

Just seen on the Good Morning thread. Deepest sympathy for your profound loss ?

hulahoop Thu 04-Mar-21 13:14:17

Sorry to hear your sad news hope you can take comfort that you were together at the end ?

CraftyGranny Thu 04-Mar-21 13:06:32

So very sorry for your loss Merlotgran flowers

NonnaW Thu 04-Mar-21 13:00:47

Merlot I have only just seen this. I am so, so sorry. You must be absolutely devastated. No words, just to say I’m thinking of you x

allsortsofbags Thu 04-Mar-21 12:59:18

flowers Please accept my sincere condolences and may you feel loved and supported throughout this very sad time x

Ashcombe Thu 04-Mar-21 12:59:10

So sorry to hear of your loss, dear lady and I’ll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers at this sad time. God bless.

Jane43 Thu 04-Mar-21 12:55:35

I can’t add anything to what others have said but I’m so sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Alima Thu 04-Mar-21 12:49:00

Heartfelt sympathy for your loss Merlot, I am so very sorry.

downtoearth Thu 04-Mar-21 12:03:42

My heartfelt sympathy for your loss.
I had the pleasure of meeting with you once, as a longtime member of GN you are part of the GN family, please know that you have friends and support here for youflowers

merlotgran Thu 04-Mar-21 11:46:23

Thank you once again, everyone. I will read through the messages again and reply to your kind pms when I get to DD's house. They are determined to whisk me away and make a fuss of me. I am obviously grateful to them for all they have done but part of me wants to stay here on my own.

I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there and it will be nice to have Gransnet to form a bridge to what was once my every day life.

jenpax Thu 04-Mar-21 11:24:55

So sorry to hear your sad news ?

paddyanne Thu 04-Mar-21 11:22:02

So very sorry to hear this Merlot I'll light a candle for your OH and love and best wishes to all who love and will miss him ,take care of yourself .

Berylsgranny Thu 04-Mar-21 11:13:16

So sorry for your loss Merlotgran. I hope you can gain some small comfort from all these lovely messages. We all care - flowers

FannyCornforth Thu 04-Mar-21 10:48:21

So, so sorry Merlot
Deepest sympathy and love to you
Be very, very kind to yourself thanks

Nortsat Thu 04-Mar-21 10:46:02

Sending you my deepest sympathies and sincere condolences.
I am so sorry, Merlotgran.
?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 04-Mar-21 10:42:50

merlotgran so sorry for your loss, I hope you have plenty of neighbours who can support you at this dreadful time.flowers. Thinking of you.

Sarnia Thu 04-Mar-21 10:41:44

Even though you were aware of the outcome it is still a shock and a huge loss when it happens. How comforting for your husband to be at home with loved ones around him. Take care of yourself. You and your family are in my thoughts at this sad time. thanks

timetogo2016 Thu 04-Mar-21 10:38:57

I can only echo all of the above posts merlotgran.
Sending love to you all.

gillgran Thu 04-Mar-21 10:33:47

Merlotgran, you have my sincere condolences.
I do, indeed, hold you in my thoughts. flowers

Lona Thu 04-Mar-21 10:17:29

My deepest sympathy Merlot, to you and your family.
At least he was at home with all his loved ones which must be a comfort to you. flowers

Annapops Thu 04-Mar-21 10:16:14

My deepest sympathies for your sad loss merlotgran.thanks

Tangerine Thu 04-Mar-21 10:11:44

I really am very sorry for you. This message comes with my very best wishes.

Greeneyedgirl Thu 04-Mar-21 10:06:46

So sorry Merlot. Thinking of you and sending my best wishes.

Kim19 Thu 04-Mar-21 09:59:13

Merlot, you were my last thought last night and first this morning. You're undoubtedly having a raw, unhappy and confused time. It will become gentler ?

CassieJ Thu 04-Mar-21 09:57:45

I am very sorry for your loss x