Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Virtual funerals

(4 Posts)
Newatthis Sun 14-Mar-21 20:38:47

Has anyone attended a virtual funeral during lockdown. I hear that some places will set up cameras in the church for those who cannot attend because of lockdown. If so, how does it work? We have a close relative who is very poorly and not expected to live for very long and we cannot attend the funeral because of distance and COVID restrictions.

Susan56 Sun 14-Mar-21 20:43:52

We have attended two virtual funerals for the reasons of distance you mentioned.

For both we were given an online link which took us to the web page for the livestream of the funerals.Both funerals were also available to watch later as well if you are unable to watch them at the time.

I am sorry you are going through this difficult time💐

TillyWhiz Fri 02-Apr-21 11:02:13

I've also just attended a virtual funeral on a webcast. I feel it's so much better than in the first lockdown when only the immediate family could attend. I felt I was supporting the family this way, I wrote a note after to say I had and about it, and for distant family who couldn't travel, it was good too.

Daisymae Fri 02-Apr-21 11:06:13

Yes I did in January. You are sent a link from the organisers that enables you to join 5 mins or so before the start. It worked well. Sad times though.