Gransnet forums



(6 Posts)
grannygranby Sat 27-Mar-21 11:25:48

Does anyone have advice or information on how to leave money in a will to disabled children who may not live till their majority?

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 27-Mar-21 11:27:32

As it’s probably such a specialist subject I would suggest a Solicitor, not GN.
Good luck

suziewoozie Sat 27-Mar-21 12:26:37

The relevant charities are a good source of advice for starters .

suziewoozie Sat 27-Mar-21 12:27:28

I wouldn’t go to a solicitor until I’d done some homework first.

suziewoozie Sat 27-Mar-21 12:30:26

You didn’t say what type of disability but as a for example I went on the Mencap website and they have a special section on Wills and Trusts..

midgey Sat 27-Mar-21 13:16:20

Sounds dreadful to say it but be careful as you might impinge on their ability to qualify for some benefits and help. You need specialist advice.