Gransnet forums

Books/book club

e-readers

(8 Posts)
elizahugh Fri 30-Mar-12 14:49:43

I am a British expat living in the Netherlands. I am interested in buying an e-book reader, but there are several brands to choose from. Any suggestions?

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 30-Mar-12 14:51:50

Kindle! Definitely!

So easy to spend a fortune buy the books from Amazon.

And you can get a lot of the classics free.

Annobel Fri 30-Mar-12 15:19:05

They're advertising a new model today - Kindle Touch. It sounds great, but there's always something new and I'm very happy with last year's version.

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 30-Mar-12 15:37:45

Oh yes. I don't think that would be very good if you were eating your sandwiches at the same time! You'd get a mucky screen.

MrsJamJam Fri 30-Mar-12 16:12:10

Love my kindle. Easy to use and very easy to download masses of books. Mine is the original model, so I expect the newest one is even better.

shysal Fri 30-Mar-12 16:16:53

My Kindle is new, not touch screen, but as I am used to using an hp touch pad I keep trying to touch the screen to use it! My Kindle is the model without built in keyboard, and I find the on-screen keyboard very tedious to use, wish I had waited for the new one. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000776561&ref=famstripe_kf

Lizzylou Sat 31-Mar-12 20:37:34

I've had a Kindle for about a year now and I love it. I did try another kind of e-reader but Kindle wins hands down as far as I am concerned.

hummingbird Sat 31-Mar-12 21:09:25

I've downloaded kindle onto my iPad and find it much easier than the actual kindle! Still prefer a proper book, though!