Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Primrose

(12 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 11-Jun-13 12:09:41

If you received a copy of Primrose - our kids' book of the month for May - do let us know how you enjoyed it. Two people who post on this thread will win a gorgeous Primrose umbrella. The draw will be made on Tuesday 18 June

Ella46 Tue 11-Jun-13 16:42:27

My little gd loves it, especially when we do silly bouncing and nana wears her sunglasses. It's a delightful book, lots of bright colours to catch her eye, and a huge cake! What more could anyone want?

kittylester Wed 12-Jun-13 10:00:35

We haven't had granddaughter visitors yet so I tried it on Bertie (17 months old and a little dynamo) - he loved it! I'll try it on one of our 'Princesses' soon. smile

yogagran Wed 12-Jun-13 22:03:04

Our "little princess" will be staying this weekend so will find this new book in amongst the others. I quite expect it to be the first one picked out for Grandad to read!
A lovely book, beautifully illustrated with an overdose of pink. To quote a phrase in the book "a sprinkle of fun and some good old belly laughs"
Grandmama makes her exit on a pogo stick and I shall take great delight in telling DGD that Granny used to have a pogo stick too grin

jackieok Sun 16-Jun-13 13:02:04

My grandson aged 3 loves this book. He has been staying with us and the only book he wants me to read is this one despite having plenty of other books. He knows some of it off by heart,

preety18 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:59:31

Received my copy a few weeks ago, thank you very much. The girls really enjoyed it and they are enjoying reading to the baby too :-)

kittylester Tue 18-Jun-13 05:47:35

DGD2 came at the weekend and made a beeline for the 'Princess' book. I read it too her so many times that I'm a bit fed up with it now grin

baubles Tue 18-Jun-13 06:15:14

My grandaughters stayed with us over the weekend. Although her favourite book at Grandma's house is about pirates and their underpants, the 3 year old laughed aloud as we read Primrose. I think she approves smile

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 18-Jun-13 13:43:22

Congratulations to yogagran and ella46 who were drawn from our sou'wester to win the brollies.

Ella46 Tue 18-Jun-13 15:00:46

Yippee! smile

yogagran Tue 18-Jun-13 16:24:29

Yippee from me too!

Thank you GN - such a lovely surprise

Ella46 Wed 03-Jul-13 12:40:26

Thank you GNHQ, I've just received the brolly and it's a gorgeous pink pussy cat!
My dgd is a little bit too little for it yet but I can't wait to show her!
smile