Gransnet forums

Books/book club

The Toucan Brothers

(14 Posts)
jiggle Wed 10-Jul-13 13:04:15

We all loved this book. And the illustrations are wonderful too - always something new to pick out whenever you read it. My GC particularly liked poor rabbit! anything with toilets is always a winner

LyndaW Wed 10-Jul-13 11:27:41

Oh please can I have a book! I loved The Toucan Brothers! (ahem) I mean, my granddaughter loved the Toucan Brothers! She loves illustrated books where there's lots going on in the background. Takes us a very long time to get through a book but it's wonderful to see her take in every detail and point out things that her not quite so observant grandmother may have missed.

iMac Wed 10-Jul-13 11:20:19

Am I too late? Would love a copy of this.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 10-Jul-13 11:14:20

Galen - good point. The picture books are usually for children up to around 5, sometimes a little older (for example this book would certainly appeal to children of 6 or 7)

If the books are for a slightly older age range we will always let you know. We will be expanding the range that we offer - and as you may have seen from the books in our latest giveaways - there's often great stuff for older children and teens as well.

gillybob Wed 03-Jul-13 16:30:44

Just returned from holiday to find "The Toucan Brothers" waiting for us. Perfect timing, thank you so much. We all absolutely love this book which could be in line for my 3 grandchildren's (3,5, and 7) "book of the year". We love the funny story and the pictures are wonderful. My little grandson spends ages spotting various items and characters in the picture, which we have turned into a game in itself.

Galen Wed 03-Jul-13 16:25:47

It would be helpful if we knew what age range all the books were aimed at? Please!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 03-Jul-13 16:05:27

Just to say we will be drawing the names for the books on Tuesday 9 July so still time to let us know what you thought of the Toucan duo and win another lovely picture book.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 03-Jul-13 15:05:53

Just to say we will be drawing the names for the books on Tuesday 9 July so still time to let us know what you thought of the Toucan duo and win another lovely picture book.

preety18 Thu 27-Jun-13 15:26:08

We received our copy about a week ago thank you very much. The girls really like it wink x

Deedaa Thu 20-Jun-13 16:35:09

A lovely book! The 6year old can read it himself and the 6month old loves the colourful pictures. Pity the Toucan Brothers can't come and fix the leak in my kitchen grin

morag89 Tue 18-Jun-13 23:07:02

Many thanks my copy arrived yesterday. Its colourful and bright and the rhyming story works so well. I love the expressons on the 'brothers' faces. The grandchildren 4 and 7 really enjoyed Grandad reading it to them last evening....

Ella46 Tue 18-Jun-13 17:26:02

Benji Bear is just the sort of book my dgd loves, she can't wait to lift the flaps!
If I'm not lucky I shall have to buy it for her, she loves sitting on my knee and reading.

Gally Tue 18-Jun-13 14:45:05

The Toucan Brothers arrived yesterday - thanks. I love the drawings - so much to look at - and love the way the story is told in rhyme. I could do with a pair of Toucan Brothers to sort out my plumbing grin. The book will be winging its way to Sydney for Barnaby's 7th birthday in August - he will love it.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 18-Jun-13 13:39:57

Did you win a copy of our latest book of the month - The Toucan Brothers? We loved it - and we would love to know what you think too.

We have 10 copies of Benji Bear's Busy Day (also by Tor Freeman) to give away to people who post on this thread.