Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Rose Harbor in Bloom

(5 Posts)
Gorki Tue 06-Aug-13 22:42:04

Many thanks for my copy of this book which arrived this morning. I am still struggling with Beautiful Ruins but this looks much more interesting so I think I leave the former temporarily and go back to it later.

gracesmum Tue 06-Aug-13 22:44:45

I got mine this morning and settled down with it this afternoon. A very pleasant "holiday" read - rather like a Maeve Binchy. Thank you. Will pass it on to friends now !

weather Sun 25-Aug-13 16:17:33

Just finished reading the free book you sent me.
I am not usually a fan of anything to do with America in reading but this is a delightful book ..very moving.. and funny at the same time I have been married 48 years and can relate to the grandmother and grandfather with ease!!!! the last part was so moving tears flooded as I read.. a good ending too...thankyou so very much for all the time and effort it took to write this for your readers enjoyment. It will be flying over to Canada next for my daughter in law who is so looking forward to reading it too. Loved the embossed cover too very attractive.
Back now to Beautiful Ruins I was struggling with that too like "Gorki"

kittylester Sun 25-Aug-13 16:31:43

I'm currently reading this (paid for copy!!) having read the first book in the series. I am thoroughly enjoying it - it's quite a gentle read!

Gorki Sun 25-Aug-13 18:04:27

We must be on the same wavelength weather.I finished this book on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got so involved with Mary's story that I followed it right through and then went back to the other chapters. I've never done this before but it worked. I thought I must go back to Beautiful Ruins but then remembered I had "Twins". I started it yesterday and am totally engrossed. Brilliant book !