Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Bristol Literary Festival

(4 Posts)
cazthebookworm Sun 13-Oct-13 14:23:38

Hallo all,
Just to let book lovers in the Bristol area know about the Bristol Festival of Literature which is being held at Bristol Central Library between 19th and 27th October; lots of events during the day and evenings, full details on the website. My favourite event is the launch of "Unchained" an anthology of fiction and poetry by the Bristol Women Writers Group, to celebrate Bristol Library service's 400th anniversary. Pick your favourite and show your support if you can, it should be a most enjoyable event.

Maniac Mon 14-Oct-13 13:33:36

Thanks cazthebookworm I had missed that information.Have you put this on the Local gp programme?
Last Thur I went (for the first time) to the Cheltenham Book Festival with a friend from Bath.
We went to the 'Growing Old Outrageously' and Kate Mosse events.
I'd like to do more next year .
Do you live in the Bristol area?

cazthebookworm Tue 15-Oct-13 16:43:42

Hi Maniac, Yes, I have put it on the Bristol gp page. The events you visited at the Cheltenham Festival sound great, I wish I had been able to go myself but I will definitely be going to the "Unchained" event at Bristol. One of the authors has been a very good friend of mine for about 30 years so I am very pleased for her. I actually live in Keynsham and am a very amateur writer myself.

cazthebookworm Tue 15-Oct-13 16:51:20

P.S. I posted the event on the local news forum, hope that was the best place for it?