Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Daily Deal

(7 Posts)
annodomini Wed 15-Jul-15 08:44:24

For Alan Rickman fans - one of his books is a Kindle Daily Deal on Amazon today. A stand-alone book with lots of five-star reviews.

Gracesgran Wed 15-Jul-15 09:15:08

Maybe Phil Rickman Anno? I haven't got this one, many thanks smile

AshTree Wed 15-Jul-15 09:16:41

Just had a look and there are no Alan Rickman books on Kindle Daily Deal today - one by Paul Antony Jones, one by Anna Lyndsey and the third one by S G Redling confused

There's a Phil Rickman book among the Kindle Deals (not the daily ones).

annodomini Wed 15-Jul-15 09:23:33

Mysterious. I found 'Night After Night' on Daily Deals about two hours ago and ordered it. Now it seems to have disappeared from that web page! Sounds like a plot from one of his novels.

dustyangel Wed 15-Jul-15 16:14:12

It's still available at 99p if you do a search for it Annomand I don't think I've read it. The trouble is now I've seen a Merrily Watkins one I haven't read and I've already bought two Lynwood Barclay ones today. blush

A If it was you who introduced me to Phil Rickmans books, thank you. smile

Gracesgran Wed 15-Jul-15 18:27:58

The three part series is on in the autumn dustyangel. It is Midwinter of the Spirit. Also the new Merrily - Friends of the Dusk, is scheduled for November this year. I'm worried about Merrily and Lol after the last book, The Magus of Hay so am anxious to read this one.

dustyangel Wed 15-Jul-15 21:03:21

Thank you Gracesgran, I will look forward to it. I had to have a rest from Phil Rickman's books for a while. I'd bought The Night of the Lost Shepherd as a Daily Deal and then got the previous 5 in quick succession at their full price. Definitely addictive. grin