Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Girl in a Spider's Web

(6 Posts)
GrandmaH Mon 07-Sep-15 13:38:24

Finished it over weekend. Sad its finished as I enjoyed it so much. I hope he writes the next one soon.
I think he made Mikhael older & wiser. Lisbeth was fine & the new characters are promising.
I think the violence was far less graphic & to be honest I was glad about that.
DH is now reading it.

Deedaa Sun 06-Sep-15 20:53:05

I've got it down loaded on my Kobo but so far haven't had the nerve to start it. I loved the trilogy so much that I don't want to be disappointed with this one.

Mamie Sun 06-Sep-15 14:51:43

I have just finished it (first holiday read) and I was very very disappointed. I found chunks of it really boring and quite pointless in the development of the story. Salander was written quite well and some of the bits of action with her and August almost captured my interest, but not for long. I didn't think he got Mikhael right at all.
There were flaws in the original but this is has nowhere near the dramatic tension of the trilogy imo.

chelseababy Fri 04-Sep-15 08:54:44

Author on Breakfast now.

chelseababy Thu 03-Sep-15 18:05:17

I heard the author on 5live this afternoon and he said he might write another. He sounded quite sexy and the interview was going well till the F word slipped out! Look forward to reading the book.

GrandmaH Thu 03-Sep-15 14:55:21

I'm only 100 pages in but so far I am very happy about the way David Lagercrantz has captured the late Stieg Larsson's style of writing in continuing the Millennium Series.
Salander & Blomkvist are back with a vengeance & at last we will find out more about that sister of hers!
It feels like a Larsson so hopefully it will be popular & he will write more. Housework can wait- just as I was with the first 3- I cannot put this book down. DH is itching to get his hands on it!!