Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Career of Evil- new Robert Galbraith aka J K Rowling

(6 Posts)
GrandmaH Tue 03-Nov-15 17:23:05

Just finished 3rd in Cormoran Strike series by J K Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith. I didn't think Silkworm was as good as Cuckoo's Calling but imho this is the best of the lot. Really could not put it down & exciting to the very last word. I have had a couple of very late nights & early mornings reading this in record quick time.
If you like a good thriller this one has it all & I love the relationship between Cormoran & Robin too.
I hope there is a 4th- well there will be- can't leave it there!!

Alima Tue 03-Nov-15 18:59:02

I really enjoyed the first two in this series and have added this to my Christmas list. Find them engrossing, amusing and quite unput-downable. (Rather like the Kate Atkinson novels).

annodomini Tue 03-Nov-15 19:23:20

It's on my wish list as is the new Ian Rankin book due out on Thursday. Can't wait.

TerriBull Tue 03-Nov-15 20:01:00

My husband, a crime aficionado, has just read it and says it's fab, and is now re reading The Silkworm. I will be starting Career of Evil very soon, only have a little bit left of the current dismal offering I'm wading through at the moment. I also have the new Kate Morton, The Lake House, which is quite a tome. I'm deliberating as to which of these books to start first............hmm 2 very tempting choices!

mollie Tue 03-Nov-15 21:14:41

Oooh, I'm looking forward to reading this and I'm glad it's good! I've reserved it from our library so I hope those ahead of me read quickly. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find this series, hadn't realised who Galbraith was before I read the first and was glad because I might not have bothered had I known. Wrongly, I thought JKR would be a one-trick pony...

Elrel Tue 03-Nov-15 23:29:58

All excited, have only read Cuckoo's Calling so far but it's good to know about books I really want to read!