Gransnet forums

Books/book club

World Book Day

(10 Posts)
shysal Thu 03-Mar-16 20:30:32

I love the Argos catalogue!
Yes, DD was Little Miss Sunshine, I guessed she would be one of the series.
GS won first prize with my Tin Man. I have to confess that I was not sure whether The Wizard of Oz was a book, but found it was written in the late 1800s, called the Wonderful W. of O.

Jalima Thu 03-Mar-16 20:02:02

I don't know what the DD went as, they were Welsh ladies earlier this week!

I must say the words 'Fancy Dress' used to bring a feeling of dread with it when my DC were young.
No wonder some of them go dressed as film characters, there are lots of Princess and Supermen etc outfits available to buy!

Shysal she looks as if she is Little Miss Sunshine sunshine

BBbevan Thu 03-Mar-16 19:23:11

At our school we used to get loads of boys in football gear. When asked what book character they were they always said "one from my football comic Miss"
Still they were at least reading something

Daddima Thu 03-Mar-16 19:02:57

My office is in a library, and I don't think any child who has attended any of our events has ever been dressed as a book character who has not also featured in a film.

This pic, by a dad who sent his children dressed as two pages of the Argos catalogue, did make me larf.

Elrel Thu 03-Mar-16 17:42:38

Shysal - could she be one of the Little Miss books? Great Tin Man!

shysal Thu 03-Mar-16 12:11:48

Sorry about the blue square! Don't know where that came from.

shysal Thu 03-Mar-16 12:08:37

DGS6 went as the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz, costume made by me. I don't even know who DD is dressed as, she texted the pic earlier blush

joannapiano Thu 03-Mar-16 11:33:29

DGD aged 3, has gone to Nursery as the Knave of Hearts, who stole the tarts.
She helped make a plate of cardboard strawberry tarts to carry.

annsixty Thu 03-Mar-16 10:28:36

One (5) has gone as a minion, 6 year old as Spiderman because he had the outfit already and 7 year old has gone as Captain Hook more because Peter Pan is his favourite DVD but I think that counts.

Elrel Thu 03-Mar-16 10:12:31

Grandson has gone to school bandaged: Mr Bump! He's 11 and last year went as Christopher fron 'The Curious Mystery of the Dog in the Nighttime' - had to be persuaded to take a hand fork rather than a full sized garden fork!