Gransnet forums

Books/book club

The Watercolourist

(3 Posts)
Radley Tue 02-Aug-16 13:49:10

I also received my copy of this book and took it on its holidays back to Italy .I loved the setting characters and intrigue unlike the others I love gardening and really enjoyed this theme throughout the book.Thank you

Grangran Wed 06-Jul-16 15:48:04

Thank you for sending me The Watercolourist . It was not my type of book . There was a lot hinted at but never followed up. How did she come to be there? What happened her father? Etc there was very little action until the last few pages .
I never realised northern Italy was so cold but then anytime I was there was mid summer ! I like plants and gardening but I found the use of Latin names only annoying . Still it was an interesting change from my usual favourite JoJo Moyes and I can see it appealing to some people .

missdeke Tue 05-Jul-16 12:18:31

I received my copy of the Watercolourist, thank you very much, it's not my normal type of book but I gave it a go. Although it seemed very slow going and I found that a book written in the present tense was not the easiest to read I persevered, I found it was a good storyline and probably would be very much enjoyed by a lot of people.