Gransnet forums

Books/book club

book of the month

(13 Posts)
dramatictessa Sat 27-Aug-16 12:09:06

How do I go about applying for the book of the month? I can see that the September one is reviewed at the moment, but can't see how to apply for one of the free copies. Am I just being thick? confused

Pittcity Sat 27-Aug-16 13:45:25

Application for the September book has ended. The October one will be available soon. It is usually found under the Books tab at the top and in the daily email.

dramatictessa Sat 27-Aug-16 14:21:53

I look every day and never see the book offer in either of the two places you mention. Have missed every month since I joined!

dramatictessa Sat 27-Aug-16 14:23:54

Actually, it's the book club books I'm looking for -are they the same as the books of the month?

Maggiemaybe Sat 27-Aug-16 14:59:45

Yes, it's the same thing. I've missed a few book club links in the past, as they have moved around a bit. But look out for it on the Books forum mid-month and you should see the application form for the next one. It is always on the daily newsletter, as Pittcity says, so make sure you're signed up for that.

Maggiemaybe Sat 27-Aug-16 15:00:25

Usually right at the bottom of the newsletter.

dramatictessa Sat 27-Aug-16 19:21:54

Thanks,the daily newsletter will now be read before deletion!

Maggiemaybe Sat 27-Aug-16 20:47:58

Good idea, tessa grin

hjw2505 Mon 05-Sep-16 19:55:33

My copy of 'The ballroom' has arrived, thankyou. Hoping to get to read it before grandchildren come to stay in a weeks time.

Victoria08 Tue 06-Sep-16 15:37:14

Also just received my copy of the "ballroom". Thank you.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 06-Sep-16 15:50:28

dramatictessa

Actually, it's the book club books I'm looking for -are they the same as the books of the month?

They are. We usually launch the new book a couple of weeks before the new month starts so people can have it ready to read...we always put it on the books page, the home page and in the newsletter so worth keeping an eye - especially around that time

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 06-Sep-16 15:51:30

And to all who get the lovely copies of The Ballroom - please don't forget to read and leave comments and author questions before the end of the month. Anyone reading the book anyway (ie didn't get a free copy) equally welcome to join in of course! But....please don't leave them on this thread as there is already a thread for The Ballroom which is the best place to post

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 06-Sep-16 15:52:44

And here's the link to the page for anyone who would like to read more about The Ballroom