Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Debbie Macomber books

(8 Posts)
grannymouse303 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:16:00

Has anyone read Debbie Macomber's books? I've heard her name quite a lot but I'm not sure whether to give her a try. Thoughts? smile

shysal Tue 20-Sep-16 14:40:15

I have looked in my little alphabetical book in which I record all library books I have read. It stops me borrowing the same books again! I read 'Inn at Rose Harbour', one of a series. I gave it a score of 8/10, which is my average score, so it would have been OK. I am afraid I remember nothing about the content at all, so can't be of much help! I expect you would be able to find reviews on line.

kittylester Tue 20-Sep-16 14:55:32

I read them if I can't find anything else. I'm not keen on books set in America and hers are (or Canada!). I've found her writing style a bit odd but I can't put my finger on why!! Not much help.

Christinefrance Tue 20-Sep-16 17:55:32

Her books are light reading, sometimes an interesting slant on things. Not an author I can get excited about.

Irma Sun 25-Sep-16 14:08:48

I've read most of her books, usually when knitting, I enjoy them. Some not as good as others but still a good lighthearted read. I'm not into heavyweight books.

annifrance Thu 03-Nov-16 07:19:51

A friend recommended her so I read few but found them very twee. Not worth the (short) time it took to read them.

carerof123 Thu 03-Nov-16 08:09:24

Irma how can you read a book whilst knitting????

annodomini Thu 03-Nov-16 09:03:01

I don't knit much nowadays but used to knit and read at the same time especially if there was no special pattern. I could manage it with Aran sweaters because after a few repeats the pattern was programmed into my brain.