Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Radio Boy

(5 Posts)
cornergran Sat 18-Mar-17 07:39:18

My copy arrived yesterday, thanks Gransnet. Elder granddaughter will begin it soon.

Maggiemaybe Sat 18-Mar-17 08:23:38

Mine has arrived too, many thanks. My great nephew will be reading it, so I'll post his review asap.

Greenfinch Sun 19-Mar-17 09:08:12

I will give my copy to my nine year old DGD today.It will give her a break from all the Jacqueline Wilson books she reads.

cornergran Mon 27-Mar-17 15:57:57

Our just 11 year old book worm finished this in 2 or 3 nights before she went to sleep, she didn't want to stop as she really enjoyed it. She says she found the book really funny, especially the made up names. She enjoyed the level,of description and the humerous way it was written. She says it would suit 9 to 13 year olds and she would want to read something else by the author. Younger sister says she liked the cover and will read it when she reads more fluently. So a success all round. Thanks GN.

Greenfinch Mon 24-Apr-17 21:42:12

This is what my granddaughter,Flora,aged nine,wrote about the book.
"When I saw it I thought the book was going to be about an ordinary boy who gets to be famous when he joins a radio company.
Actually the book was about a boy who got fired from his radio job so he creates a radio station in his shed.Then he gets everybody to go on strike about homework.He gets in a lot of trouble so for his punishment he has to write a book about it.
I liked the book because it was very funny and because it was written in the first person which made the story more realistic".