Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Sophie finds a Fairy Door

(8 Posts)
wallers5 Mon 15-May-17 10:50:34

A delightful book thoroughly enjoyed by my 5 year old Granddaughter. Of all coincidences, her best friend is called Sophie. So the book is a real hit.

harrigran Mon 15-May-17 13:45:18

Thank you, my copy arrived this morning and will give it to GD on Wednesday.

rocketstop Mon 15-May-17 15:45:42

This is such a lovely book, my Grandaughters love a book that is set in rhyme, the illustrations are very pretty and appealing and I know this book will be read over and over again.
A real hit for us too.

mumofmadboys Mon 15-May-17 16:32:49

Thank you very much for this lovely little book. I love that the text is in verse. Makes it fun to read out loud. I know a two year old who will love it!Thanks GN.

granofive Mon 15-May-17 16:57:00

Thanks for this lovely little book, I am looking forward to sharing with my grandchildren of five and seven tomorrow, elder one will write a review!!

Luckygirl Mon 22-May-17 19:14:34

My DGD (4) enjoyed it - she pretended she was Sophie throughout.

I was just exasperated that the musical notes scattered throughout the were mostly the wrong way round - not a very educational aspect of the book! Grrr. That is the sort of thing an editor should be checking out!

ChrissyW Mon 05-Jun-17 14:49:33

Thank you for this delightful book. Both my Granddaughters' love it! The 7 year old loves to read it to herself and the 4 year old loves to be read to. The rhyming format is great as are the illustrations, both particularly liked the bonus of collection cards at the back although I suspect this is to encourage further purchases of the series!

NfkDumpling Sun 18-Jun-17 18:22:30

I've been saving this little book until my DGS (aged nearly four) came to stay while his mum was in hospital. He loved it. Even better that it's small enough for a young child to read in bed laying down. He 'read' himself to sleep with it on several nights. This weekend two DGDs came to stay(ages five and eight) and they both loved it too, the older one being able to read it to the younger. Much enjoyed. Thank you.