Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Just for the Holidays - Sue Moorcroft

(4 Posts)
chelseababy Wed 19-Jul-17 05:36:03

I read this on holiday and agree with the comments above. Havent read this author before - one to add to the list!

Mamie Mon 10-Jul-17 19:07:05

I have just downloaded this - 99p in the Kindle sale!

Elrel Mon 10-Jul-17 19:03:42

Thank you very much for this book, so much more than a 'just for the holidays' novel. Interesting characters, convincing teenagers, and an unpredictable storyline. Set in the Strasbourg area with Cool Auntie as the protagonist, an enjoyable piece of escapism which I'm recommending to friends at our book club.

Grannyknot Thu 06-Jul-17 11:38:53

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place, I can't find any other threads about it.

I was the lucky recipient of a copy of this book (GN Giveaway) and have just finished reading it. It was an enjoyable read - despite all the difficulties people in the book were having, because you name the complication and it was in there - adultery, bi-sexuality, teenage angst, unplanned pregnancy, exes with even more complications of their own, mixed messages ... luckily the two main characters are relatively sane and had my interest - and sympathy. Made me thankful for my calm life.

An enjoyable "holiday" read that doesn't require too much in the way of concentration.