Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Perfectly Norman

(4 Posts)
Ruskin Mon 11-Sep-17 11:11:21

I was very happy to receive this from a Gn giveaway & will be passing it on to my Grandson/his Mum. It has lovely illustrations & not too many words leaving lots of opportunity to discuss it's theme that it ok to be different or, more specifically, that if you admit your differences you may find that, actually, many other feel exactly the same

teepee55 Fri 15-Sep-17 15:13:19

A beautiful book to read with the grandchildren. It's a good story to talk about which a young child can relate to. I particularly liked the ending.

Inthepink06 Thu 21-Sep-17 13:22:55

Was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's message to me was it's ok to be different. My granddaughter loved it and immediately read it three times with her daddy. She liked the illustrations and has since talked to me about it and how people/children are different. This book is a hit with us all.

cde58 Tue 03-Oct-17 17:39:00

Hi - the book looks beautiful from the cover. I gave it to my grandson for his first birthday - my daughter read it to him and her 5year old. She felt that the book was nicely illustrated but that the story was not very interesting or fun. She commented that there was a hidden message about not hiding who you are but it was a bit convoluted. 'Style over substance' was her comment. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review this book.