Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Agatha Raisin & the Witches Tree

(10 Posts)
annsixty Mon 27-Nov-17 16:57:51

Another fan here, such easy reading and she is such a character, what you see is what you get.
A couple of years ago I got 21 from the book people for something like £19:99p.
There are also a couple of short stories on Amazon kindle.

annodomini Mon 27-Nov-17 16:13:21

I think I've read all the Agatha books. She's a brilliant character: not always likeable - vain and needy but astute and cat-lover!

Teetime Mon 27-Nov-17 15:19:28

I love Agatha Raisin - its light ridiculous and frothy rubbish really. There is a really nice Facebook group though who talk about everything are unfailing lovely and never have rows for the sake of it!

Grandmalove Mon 27-Nov-17 15:07:14

When I received my free copy of this book I was keen to see if I enjoyed the Agatha Raisin stories. Unfortunately Agatha Raisin is not for me. The story did not 'grip' me. I had to force myself to finish the book so that I could write this review.

Wendy Tue 14-Nov-17 14:19:40

Having read Agatha Raisin and the Witches Tree I realise that I haven’t read any before. I found the pace a bit frenetic and the story muddled with too many red herrings. Not really my kind of book.

mumski Wed 08-Nov-17 13:30:01

Can I ask a daft question? I'm not a member of the book club (yet) but like the idea of having books to review. How do I do this ? Also I tend to use my Kindle more these days than actual books. Told you it was daft smile

Greenfinch Wed 08-Nov-17 12:56:42

Never having read any Agatha Raisin books before I was somewhat taken aback by the fast moving events and I had to keep looking back to see who was who. However when I got into the story and realised it was black comedy I really enjoyed it.Instead of living an idyllic village life most of the characters were either weird or malevolent.Agatha herself was an interesting character even endearing but many of the others had a sinister or incredible side to them.I would recommend this book to anyone unfamiliar with Agatha Raisin

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:47:57

Enjoy, both! smile

Greenfinch Mon 30-Oct-17 17:38:05

I have just received my copy too. I have never read any Agatha Raisin books so I am really looking forward to starting it.

Wendy Mon 30-Oct-17 16:52:36

I have just received this book free to read and comment on. I have loved the other Agatha Raisin books I have read so am looking forward to it.