Gransnet forums

Books/book club

The Snowman - Jo Nesbo

(8 Posts)
grannymouse303 Wed 15-Nov-17 13:52:37

Anyone read this? What are your thoughts?

I've heard good things about it, especially with the movie being out.

humptydumpty Wed 15-Nov-17 14:07:24

Started reading it but it was too gruesome and graphic for me sad

gillybob Wed 15-Nov-17 14:15:37

Well I started reading this 2 nights ago and I have to admit I'm not engrossed yet. I was attracted to the sticker on the book that said it was now a movie so thought it must be good.

I'm not too far in yet so haven't come across anything too gory or gruesome.

Eloethan Wed 15-Nov-17 14:51:58

I've read it, and although I found it intriguing initially it became progressively more unpleasant and I can remember feeling dissatisfied with the ending. It didn't tempt me to read any more of his books.

gillybob Wed 15-Nov-17 14:53:36

Oh thanks for that Eloethan I haven't got to the gory parts yet. Might give it a miss and move on.

Tippy22 Wed 15-Nov-17 15:22:10

I'm glad it wasn't just me then. I try to finish a book even if I'm not gripped by it but I had to give up on this one. It's still on the shelf but I don't think I'll be picking it up again anytime soon. Certainly wouldn't want to watch the film.

callgirl1 Wed 15-Nov-17 17:38:55

The Snowman was the first Jo Nesbo book I ever read. I loved it, and it got me hooked on his books. I try to avoid films after I`ve read a book, they`re rarely as good as the book.

Mapleleaf Thu 16-Nov-17 08:35:45

I agree with callgirl. I read it some years ago and enjoyed it. I've read others in the series, too. It's not very often that a film is a good representation of a book. (Can be). I remember being so disappointed with the film version of Captain Correlies mandolin after reading the book. I felt they missed out far too many crucial elements from the book. It made it into a different story in my opinion.