Gransnet forums

Books/book club

January book club Expression of Interest - where...

(24 Posts)
Grannyknot Thu 14-Dec-17 21:47:17

...please? Or am I being dim.

I know it is announced in the newsletter (I have opted out of that) - and I presume there must be somewhere on the website to apply for the book, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Marydoll Thu 14-Dec-17 22:53:09

I'm the same, I spent ages looking?

callgirl1 Thu 14-Dec-17 23:06:42

If you click on books at the top of this page, it`s there.

Marydoll Thu 14-Dec-17 23:13:31

I must be blind, I still can't find it?

Grannyknot Fri 15-Dec-17 13:30:57

Nope, me neither. I've "reported" this post so that HQ can answer my question smile

annsixty Fri 15-Dec-17 13:35:14

The book is called Anatomy of a Scandal and if I click on book it is in a panel on the right hand side.
Hope this helps.

annsixty Fri 15-Dec-17 13:37:23

Now I realise I can't see where to apply.

Greenfinch Fri 15-Dec-17 13:47:21

It was there because I remember they asked about whether you had a kindle. Now it has gone .

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Dec-17 14:00:03

Hi all. The book club entry form was signposted in various places on the site for a couple of weeks, but we had to close the giveaway a tiny bit earlier because of Christmas deliveries etc. Please look out for February's book club in mid-January.

Pittcity Thu 21-Dec-17 08:57:30

I've received my Kindle download of Anatomy of a Scandal and read the first chapter already....Looks promising.

Waveney Thu 21-Dec-17 11:19:02

My copy of 'Anatomy of a scandal' arrived this morning, with a really nice note from the publisher. Thank you very much, and I will look forward to reading it ( when I finish ' The Mitford Murders')

gillyknits Thu 21-Dec-17 11:29:34

Thank you for my copy of Anatomy of a Scandal. I shall find a quiet moment or two during the festivities to get started on it.

chelseababy Thu 21-Dec-17 12:01:21

I got my email copy yesterday. Bit of trouble getting it on to my kindle but that's probably my fault!

Purpledaffodil Sat 23-Dec-17 21:45:51

Thank you Gransnet for lovely new-book smelling paper copy. Sorry to sound smug, but I feel very blessed.
I have devoured this book in the last two days, stealing reading time when I should have been changing beds or making mince pies!
i really enjoyed the way the plot unfolded with hints about future revelations, so you were never quite sure how much you really knew or understood about the main characters.
The chapter headings giving the name of the character whose third person account followed, plus the date were very useful, but intriguing at the same time. Who is Holly Berry whose name doesn't appear in the blurb? I leave you to find out.
I should like to ask the author if this book is likely to be filmed or televised? It deserves a wide audience. A really well constructed story.

Maggiemaybe Sat 23-Dec-17 23:18:14

Oops, I've just discovered the email from the publishers offering me this book - the message had gone into my spam folder. Of course their office is closed now till after New Year, so I hope they'll send me the link for my Kindle when they reopen. Something to look forward to, and thank you, GN!

Gagagran Tue 26-Dec-17 11:23:57

I've had a hardback copy with a lovely Christmas message inside from the publisher. Thank you so much everyone involved. I look forward to reading it once I've finished my library book.

LadyGracie Tue 26-Dec-17 12:02:41

I received my copy by email about a week ago, I asked for a copy for my kindle which arrived promptly. Thank you.

joannapiano Tue 26-Dec-17 16:56:28

Thank you for my hardback copy which arrived last week. Have just started it and will report back in the New Year.

mumofmadboys Tue 26-Dec-17 19:16:29

I too have received a hard backed copy. Thanks GN. I look forward to starting it.

eGJ Thu 28-Dec-17 17:09:05

Anatomy of a Scandal........what a read - thank you GN. Downloading was simple and I had left it until after Christmas to start;then I have been so absorbed I could not put it down. An intriguingly up to date scandal, told through the eyes of a number of players. Past and present events combine to make a continuous narrative and you need to read until the very last sentence! Question for the author Could you turn this into a television drama or is it too near to the characters of present Members of Parliament?

granfromafar Sat 30-Dec-17 21:21:56

Just back from our Christmas break to find my hard-back copy has arrived, which I am looking forward to reading. Thanks GN.

granfromafar Mon 08-Jan-18 22:14:02

Finished reading this book and about half way through, thought I knew how it was going to end. How wrong I was! After several twists in the story, the ending was quite surprising . A very good read and feel lucky to have received a copy. Like others, I think a TV series would be brilliant and hope some TV company dramatise it.

mrsmopp Tue 09-Jan-18 23:47:31

Having thoroughly enjoyed Anatomy of a Scandal I am now suffering withdrawal symptoms because I've finished it!
I need another unputdownable book that will have me gripped as much as Scandal did.
Any suggestions please?? Please?? Hurry up!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 31-Jan-18 15:55:26

eGJ

Anatomy of a Scandal........what a read - thank you GN. Downloading was simple and I had left it until after Christmas to start;then I have been so absorbed I could not put it down. An intriguingly up to date scandal, told through the eyes of a number of players. Past and present events combine to make a continuous narrative and you need to read until the very last sentence! Question for the author Could you turn this into a television drama or is it too near to the characters of present Members of Parliament?

Hi eGJ (and indeed anyone else posting about Anatomy of a Scandal on this thread) - if you could copy your questions/comments onto the January book club thread so they are with all the rest that would be great - we need to send them over to the author asap)