Gransnet forums

Books/book club

The Anniversary by Hilary Boyd

(10 Posts)
farview Sat 27-Jul-19 11:26:32

Have just read Hilary Boyds Thursdays in the park..for the second time..love this book...

Gonegirl Thu 11-Jul-19 18:09:10

I downloaded a sample on my Kindle. Read it. Didn't bother to download the rest of it.

Disappointing for Hilary Boyd.

Rachel123 Thu 11-Jul-19 18:04:15

I loved this book as well

grannyrebel99 Mon 08-Apr-19 08:23:32

Love Hilary Boyd's books and Penny Vincenzi's back in the day.

Maggiemaybe Sun 07-Apr-19 17:50:19

There are a lot of book recommendations on this thread, Khan, that might help.

www.gransnet.com/forums/books_book_club/1256218-Fifty-Books-a-Year-or-fewer

Khan Sun 07-Apr-19 17:08:26

Can anybody recommend some novels simular to Penny Vincenzo. I loved her books . I do believe that one of her daughters has written a novel . Does anyone know about it .

Khan Fri 05-Apr-19 13:31:37

I used to read novels by Penny Vincenci.l really enjoyed them . I have read all that she wrote .Now that she has died l am at a loss to pick similar novels . Can anyone help .

gillgran Sat 24-Nov-18 12:47:25

I've just finished " The Anniversary ", by Hilary Boyd.
I enjoyed the easy-reading, family type of book.
I too had guessed the final outcome, but still liked the getting to it.! It was easy to keep up with travelling from 1985, to the present day.
As in lots of these books, I was left wanting "just one more chapter", so maybe an "Epilogue".?

I do recommend this book, &, although moving in parts, it doesn't keep you awake at night, (after putting it down).!!!
Thank you

annep Thu 15-Nov-18 20:26:19

thank you Jess

JessK Tue 13-Nov-18 09:48:59

I received this book in a recent GN giveaway. The only other title I'd read written by Hilary Boyd was Thursdays in the Park so I was interested to see how her writing had developed.
Stella and Jack divorced years ago and are drawn together to support their daughter whilst she is going through a difficult pregnancy and her husband is working away.
Stella and Jack have a tragic past that needs to be laid to rest and Hilary Boyd very sensitively explores their stories. I'd worked out what the ending would be but the journey getting there was well worth reading.
I would definitely recommend this book if you like family sagas.