Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Book club date.

(13 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Mar-19 12:48:07

Hi gmelon,

Sorry we haven't answered your query sooner. smile

We don't have a set date each month when the prize draw opens, but it's usually around the middle of the previous month. The best way to look out for it is by making sure you're signed up to our daily newsletter, as we feature the giveaway in there, and checking the homepage and books index.

We notify winners by email, but if you buy yourself a copy of the book, you're more than welcome to join in on the conversation! grin

gmelon Mon 25-Mar-19 12:30:26

I've had a look and it is released to buy on the fourth of April.
Happy reading.

Maggiemaybe Mon 25-Mar-19 07:33:52

GN started sending out emails recently to the lucky ones. So if you haven’t had an email yet, like me you won’t be getting April’s book. sad

Purpledaffodil Mon 25-Mar-19 07:12:46

gmelon you don’t get told when you are going to get a book, so it’s a lovely surprise when it lands on the doormat.?They come directly from the publishers and sometimes there’s no indication of Gransnet inside.

gmelon Mon 25-Mar-19 01:19:55

I must admit

gmelon Mon 25-Mar-19 01:19:27

chelseababy I must I had no idea that I'd be told if I'm being sent a book. (Told you I was new to this!)
Would a message be in my Gransnet inbox?
There's no message in mine sad.
I don't mind buying one as it looks pretty good.

farview Thu 21-Mar-19 20:15:20

Oh happy also...can't wait to read the April book... applied lots of times but this time was successful ?

chelseababy Thu 21-Mar-19 15:35:20

Any luck gmelon I've just heard I was successful for the April book!

gmelon Tue 19-Mar-19 14:50:04

I've put my name forward.
Thank you for the info and a mention to the kind gransnetter who PM me at 7am on the day the draw was opened. Fingers crossed smile

Maggiemaybe Fri 15-Mar-19 17:59:54

The draw's open now, until 20 March.

chelseababy Thu 14-Mar-19 20:44:26

I put a reminder in my calendar to check on 15th of the month.

Greenfinch Thu 14-Mar-19 17:15:11

I should imagine it would be quite soon. Keep looking out for it.

gmelon Thu 14-Mar-19 17:11:56

I was lucky enough to receive a book when I first joined the Gransnet club.smile
What is the date when we apply to be in the draw for the monthly choice?
I thought it was mid month i.e. now ish.
Looking at the threads people are presently receiving the March book although I note that it is late arriving.
Have I got the date wrong for entering the draw? When is the April book due to be announced?
Thank you Gransnetters.