Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Dragon Lady

(4 Posts)
Gonegirl Tue 10-Sep-19 12:59:08

I enjoyed it. I agree it was interesting.

Maggiemaybe Tue 10-Sep-19 12:08:08

I read it after another GNer won it in the draw and passed it on. She wasn't over keen on it and I'm afraid I wasn't either. I just don't like the idea of fiction being woven round real people, and spent most of the book wondering what actually did happen and what was just fantasy.

It seemed to go down well on the GN Book Club thread though, so I'm in the minority. We can't all like the same thing. smile

Tiredandemotional Tue 10-Sep-19 11:55:05

I've just finished the "Dragon lady" and loved every page of it , the depth of detail about the times and Rhodesia were fascinating, I would recommend it to anyone
I have a copy I'm willing to post on to any interested reader ( I bought a copy myself , and also got a copy as a gift)

Alanperry47 Mon 01-Jul-19 21:31:07

This book is amazing I won this book in a competition on your website a few weeks ago I tool it on holiday and I read it in a day, the author Louisa Treger has done some amazing writing about the Coultalds family in Rhodesia amazing story about the lady Virginia (genie) with her tattoo and her neighbours slaves and her monkey lovely writing so enthralling you have to read it.
Highly recommended