Gransnet forums

Books/book club

I looked away by Jane Corry - review

(3 Posts)
Mapleleaf Mon 12-Aug-19 21:00:51

I was lucky to win a copy of this book last month and asked to post a review once I’d finished reading it.
I found this book really good and easy to get into. It follows the lives of two very different women who lead very different lives, yet are linked by events and things that have happened to them in their past, and ultimately links them. Alternate chapters feature these two women, but it is easy to follow. There are a few unexpected twists and turns as the story unfolds.
It really is different from what I was expecting from the blurb, which had led me to believe that the story would just be focussed on one character, Ellie, not two as it turned out to be. Don’t let that put you off from reading it, it really becomes a very absorbing read. I would recommend this book.

Mapleleaf Mon 12-Aug-19 21:02:40

“....ultimately links them to the present”. (Sorry, I didn’t proof read my review very well)

Anj123 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:46:56

I won this book and have just finished reading it. I enjoyed it and found it very easy to read. It made me realise the complex reasons people might find themselves homeless, and the many mental health issues people have. I liked the way the book gave different perspectives of different situations. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read this book.