Gransnet forums

Books/book club

For fans of Robert Galbraith-Cormoran Strike series

(16 Posts)
Chardy Tue 05-May-20 19:48:09

15th September is the date it's out. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon (because I'm very forgetful) a while ago.

Greeneyedgirl Tue 05-May-20 18:37:33

Thanks. I am in ❤️ with Cormoran Strike.

Nandalot Mon 13-Apr-20 18:56:22

Thanks for the heads up.
Have just finished ‘Big Sky’ by Kate Atkinson (Jackson Brodie) and Ann Cleeves new detective series set in Devon, ‘ The Long Call’. Both good.

clementine Mon 13-Apr-20 18:07:23

Have loved all of them, though Lethal White would be my least favourite . Looking forward to the new one . Thank you .

PS another who loves Susan Hill's Simon Serrailler series.

GeminiJen Mon 30-Mar-20 11:51:15

Good to see so many fellow fans here.
Happygirl79 ...You mentioned the TV series. Like you, I was pleased...and relieved...that it was true to the novel. Loved it grin

Calendargirl Mon 30-Mar-20 07:45:10

I have three Cormoran Strike books to read, picked up at library just before closure, so looking forward to them.

NotAGran55 Mon 30-Mar-20 04:22:41

I am just about to start listening to the 4th one , Lethal
White , on Audible . Thoroughly enjoying them , but not as much as Susan Hill’s Simon Serrailler series .

fatgran57 Mon 30-Mar-20 03:57:46

Thank you GeminiJen enjoy these books will have to order from the library unfortunately cannot add to my requests as even online lists are closed. Least of my worries though.

Craftycat Sun 29-Mar-20 12:51:55

Thank you GeminiJen.
I love this series & have done them all with my reading group too. They will be delighted to hear we are going to get another 'fix' or Cormoran!!

jacq10 Sun 23-Feb-20 18:56:53

I'm nearly finished "Lethal White". Picked up a hardback copy in a stall run by an animal charity - lucky day as I usually use the reservation service at our local library but will return when finished and think it will certainly raise quite a bit of money for them.

Auntieflo Sun 23-Feb-20 18:06:15

Thank you GeminiJen. Will pre-order, when I pop into town.

ninathenana Sun 23-Feb-20 16:58:18

DH will be pleased

Happygirl79 Sun 23-Feb-20 16:48:59

Thank you for the information
Im currently reading Career of evil by Robert Galbraith and so far it seems that the TV series is true to the novel
My book is from my local library

Sara65 Sun 23-Feb-20 14:38:38

Both pre-ordered.

eazybee Sun 23-Feb-20 14:22:36

Is this the place to mention that Hilary Mantel's long-awaited sequel, (trequel)?) The Mirror and the Light is coming out in March, and my daughter has ordered it for me!

GeminiJen Sun 23-Feb-20 12:30:32

Available to pre-order at Waterstones. Publicity below.
^Troubled Blood is the next thrilling instalment in the highly acclaimed, international bestselling series featuring Cormoran Strike and Robin Ellacott, written by Robert Galbraith, a pseudonym of J.K. Rowling.
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
ISBN: 9780751579932
Number of pages: 784
Dimensions: 240 x 156 mm
The fifth installment of J.K. Rowling’s hugely acclaimed and successful pseudonymous crime series lands this September with the promise of more skilful misdirection and enthralling plot twists. Building on the series’ central relationship between Cormoran Strike and Robin Ellacot, Troubled Blood is sure to delight Galbraith’s army of loyal fans. ^