Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Lurkers' Week: Photo upload of the day - Books!

(4 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 12-Mar-20 13:08:14

We love a good book recommendation. So do upload a photo of what you are currently reading (you could win...another great book!) Photos of e-readers perfectly acceptable grin

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 12-Mar-20 13:55:58

I'm currently engrossed in Ben Macintyre's Spy and the Traitor which is just brilliant. It reads like a particularly tense film. I'm amazed at the bravery of spies, the ingenuity of the security services and frankly left wondering how much is still happening under the radar of us normal folk!

May7 Thu 12-Mar-20 14:32:33

I am currently reading Wind in the Willows I never read this as a child so obviously I'm a bit of a late developer.

I came across the book in a charity shop and bought it to read to my grandchildren. It's beautifully illustrated.

I am now engrossed in it. It's such a beautiful story, simple on one level and complicated on another.

It's essential that you read the introduction first as this gives you an understanding of the author and why he wrote the book. You can then read it from an adult's perspective. Can't put it down. My usual genre is crime ?

Juno56 Thu 12-Mar-20 15:03:38

I am currently listening (I assume audiobooks count) to Without Consent by Kathryn Fox the second book in a series about a female forensic physician. The protagonist is Australian and the action takes place in Sydney.The first book was fascinating and I am really enjoying the second. Highly recommended.