Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Obsessed with finding a book

(9 Posts)
Havemercy Sat 10-Apr-21 14:25:03

I wonder if anyone can assist. I am really trying hard to find a book which I read many times when I was a teenager. Also re' read it as a young woman in the 70's and 80's. The problem us that I cannot recall the title and was hoping someone would recognise the book if I detail some of the characters' names and brief details of the plot. I seem to becoming obsessed with finding this book - oh dear it must be because of lockdown. Anyway - briefly some of the characters are Monica, Geraldine, Phillip and Greta. The first three are unrelated children staying in a vicarage whilst their separate parents are away. Greta is the governess at the vicarage. The story follows the lives of the children as they grow up. I think the story must have been written late 1940s and a woman author. I would be so grateful if anyone could come up with the title and/or author. There are websites which purport help with searching for books but no help in this case.

Hipsy Sat 10-Apr-21 14:40:41

Frost at Morning by Richmal Crompton?

Blossoming Sat 10-Apr-21 14:40:47

It’s by Richmal Crompton and it’s called ‘Frost at Morning’ ?

janeainsworth Sat 10-Apr-21 14:43:47

I think it might be this one Havemercy
Frost at Morning by Richmal Crompton.
www.google.co.uk/amp/s/bookssnob.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/frost-at-morning-by-richmal-crompton/amp/

janeainsworth Sat 10-Apr-21 14:44:57

Haha you beat me to it Hipsy and Blossoming smile

Blossoming Sat 10-Apr-21 14:46:42

Cross post! It’s available from Amazon.

janeainsworth Sat 10-Apr-21 14:47:50

I used to love the Just William books smile

Havemercy Sat 10-Apr-21 14:59:45

Of course it is!! Thank you all so much. All of a sudden I am feeling very happy!!!

FannyCornforth Sat 10-Apr-21 15:34:03

What a brilliant thread!
Well done everyone!
I love RC too.