Gransnet forums

Books/book club

The Four Winds

(13 Posts)
Grandmadinosaur Fri 23-Sep-22 16:54:07

For anyone who’s read The Nightingale I saw today that it’s been turned into a film. Was due for release a couple of years ago but was delayed now out in cinemas in December. As I was reading it I thought it would make an good film.

Urmstongran Fri 23-Sep-22 09:44:24

I read this book in the summer of last year. I loved it and have recommended it on many occasions. I love this author. I’ve read all her novels. The Nightingale was stellar. Her stories are all completely different and all incredibly well researched.

Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 09:18:56

I've just reserved The Nightingale from the library Grandmadinosaur. Thanks for the recommendation.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 23-Sep-22 07:26:45

I haven’t read The Four Winds either. I will look out for it.
Kristin Hannah is a new writer to me but as recommended on GN I’m reading her book The Nightingale. An excellent read I will finish it today.

Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 07:05:47

I've read The Four Winds and enjoyed it very much, so decided to try other Kristin Hannah books and have started reading Winter Garden but it's not nearly as good.

SueDonim Fri 23-Sep-22 00:52:28

I enjoyed this book, even though it was harrowing to read about the experiences people had.

Lovetopaint037 Thu 22-Sep-22 19:31:37

Sounds like a good read. I don’t know Kristin Hannah so hope to have found another good author. Still reading the Lamplighters and enjoying it but love to have another book ready and waiting.

AussieNanna Mon 30-May-22 04:19:27

have almost finished The Four Winds.

Yes, very good book.

such hardship and discrimination but you can really relate to the characters.

and so many correlations to today's world.

Sar53 Sun 29-May-22 07:12:33

I've not read that one by Kristin Hannah, will add it to my list, but I recently read The Great Alone and thought it a wonderful story. I found myself crying at the end of it.

Oldnproud Sat 28-May-22 18:53:04

I enjoyed it. Prior to that, I read and really enjoyed The Great Alone, by the same author.

Sparklefizz Sat 28-May-22 18:13:09

Ooh, I'll have a look at that!
The last unputdownable book I read was "The Lamplighters" by Emma Stonex.

MawtheMerrier Sat 28-May-22 18:05:08

I’ll second that!
Unputdownable and despite the incredible hardships, a positive, life-affirming book!

Kupari45 Sat 28-May-22 17:18:04

Just finished reading The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah. Terrific story about a farming family living on the Great Plains, USA.