Gransnet forums

Care & carers

Should we have a Rest in Peace thread?

(28 Posts)
NfkDumpling Thu 30-May-13 14:38:19

Ninathenana I just saw your thread saying your mum has died and would like to add my condolences. I spotted it as I was about to say the same thing.
My mum died last night and I'm feeling very mixed up about it. Ever since I hit my teens mum and I had a tempestuous relationship but during the last six months or so this really changed and we've become really close so I'm sad that she has gone. But on the other hand she had a nasty cancer in her stomach and was so poorly I feel relieved that her suffering is done.
I feel like I did when dad died, that we've all moved into another room and left her behind.

glammanana Fri 31-May-13 08:12:04

Sending condolences to both Nfk & Nina take care flowers

POGS Fri 31-May-13 01:39:04

Nfk

Understanding your grief and sending much love to you and your family at this very sad time. flowers

harrigran Thu 30-May-13 23:31:25

Sending my condolences Nfk flowers

Oldgreymare Thu 30-May-13 23:14:19

Sorry to hear your sad news Nfk and Nina. flowersflowers

Aka Thu 30-May-13 22:59:39

Nfk flowers sad for you but pleased that you managed to rebuild your relationship with your Mum, it must have meant the world to her.
I think a RIP thread is a good idea and it could even included remembrances on the anniversary of a death too.

merlotgran Thu 30-May-13 22:11:45

So sorry to hear about your mum Nfk.

I think an RIP thread is a good idea because we will know, when it appears high up on the active list, that one of us has lost a loved one. It's not a piece of news that's easy to post and choosing an appropriate thread might not be easy.

baubles Thu 30-May-13 21:50:44

Nfk I'd like to add my condolences flowers

janeainsworth Thu 30-May-13 21:43:17

Nina and Nfk condolences to you both flowers
Very hard to lose your mum.

ninathenana Thu 30-May-13 21:27:30

So sorry for your loss Nfk flowers

Grannyeggs Thu 30-May-13 21:02:58

Nik I send my condolencesflowers

Marelli Thu 30-May-13 21:01:31

NfkDumpling, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, but the fact that you became really close to each other over the last wee while will have been such a good thing for both of you. flowers xx

NfkDumpling Thu 30-May-13 20:25:38

Thank you everybody. It's been a busy day, chasing her doctor for death certificate etc - and my DD and three DGDs (1, 3 and 4) are staying until tomorrow so there's not been time for things to sink in yet. - And I want to get as much sorting done as possible before it does!

gracesmum Thu 30-May-13 18:37:04

flowers from me too. It is so hard to lose a parent as that part of our lives goes too - those earliest memories and the family histories which only our parents and perhaps our siblings really share.

mrshat Thu 30-May-13 18:32:38

Nfk heartfelt sympathy flowers

dustyangel Thu 30-May-13 18:31:59

My condolences too,Nfk flowers

HappyNanna Thu 30-May-13 18:21:01

Condolences Nfk. flowers

annodomini Thu 30-May-13 17:02:11

And condolences from me too, Nfk. flowers

Gagagran Thu 30-May-13 16:38:20

My condolences too Nfk. The reality of your Mum's death will not hit you for a while and I think that's Nature's way of helping us to cope. Try to remember the good times and all that she did for you and forget the difficult times - it's all water under the bridge.flowers

kittylester Thu 30-May-13 16:36:05

Nfk, my condolences too and I am so glad that you had the chance to become closer to your mum. flowers

Grannylin Thu 30-May-13 16:22:40

To Nfk and nina, both Mums at peace nowflowers

Butty Thu 30-May-13 15:49:04

Nfk My condolences flowers. I hope your feelings of mixed-up-ness will be soothed in the months to come by having gained a renewed bond with your Mum.

shysal Thu 30-May-13 15:44:52

Such sad news Nfk. My thoughts are with you and your family. flowers

Sook Thu 30-May-13 15:12:35

NfKDumpling I'm so sorry to hear that your mum has passed away. It's good that you became close and that you will have those memories to hold onto.flowers

whenim64 Thu 30-May-13 15:12:03

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum Nfk. I hope in the weeks to come it will be some consolation that you were able to get closer recently. flowers

Movedalot Thu 30-May-13 14:52:45

Nfk so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you have some good memories to hold flowers

I think an RIP thread is a lovely idea. Think you should suggest it to HQ